RAM: -
Firmware/APP Version: -
Frequency of Occurrence: -
Rooted: -
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Could everyone with a Zenfone 2 Laser
ZE551KL - 3GB RAM
Please comment on your experience after installing Android 6 Marshmallow.

- Performance
- Memory usage
- Additional internal storage used
- Missing features
- Overall experience
- Would you want to downgrade to lollipop

Anything else you found valuable in Android 6 that is worth mentioning....
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
Last edited by Driver8666 on 2016/7/3 07:56

I own both a ZE551KL and ZE551ML. More bitching about this subject in the 551ML forums than this. But I still have to haul it out and update it. Will let you know. Plus fully charge it as it's been sitting in it's original box. Won't be until at least Monday that I can do it.
Props
COL Level 1 | All posts
Mejoró el rendimiento de la memoria y su gestión.  Mucho más brillo e incluso fidelidad en el sonido..  Problemas con la radio fm al bloquear el dispositivo
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
People whined about it. Honestly I don't see the big deal.
Props
USA Level 4 | All posts
Performance - In my experience it is faster but sometime I get this freezing moment when i scroll my screen or open apps than lollipop but overall it is faster. Memory usage - it seems way better than before because my time widgets do not force kill which end up in  frozen time and or weather or any widgets
Additional internal storage used - I do not mind at all I have 32gb of internal storage all apps in my internal all other files in my SD card.
Missing features - Very BIG DEAL I want to use battery percentage inside my battery icon for years and I can not do that =( thats all I want in marshmallow

Overall experience - rate 8/10
Would you want to downgrade to lollipop - No

I dont know if this affects the new update but my camera quality degrades and the HDR is way way too over expose and color management is too dark and too bright in some cases and i stop using my camera bcoz of that.. the front camera is perfect

Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by atesic2011 on 2016/7/8 09:42

Marshmallow a lot of crap

iGo - Stopped working
TomTom - Stopped working
Garmin - StreetPilot - Stopped working

YES I want to go back on the lollipop
Props
USA Level 2 | All posts
Everything working good I have found no issues at all.
Props
CAN Level 2 | All posts
Everything works well I am very happy with the marshmallow update. It's more stable then before. WiFi work great know don't have to log off log on to make applications to work. Thank you ASUS ! Good job...  
Props
CAN Level 1 | All posts
we need move to SD card option in ZE551KL,  we can't move apps to sd card any more.
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
seanmark277 posted on 2016/7/23 18:00
we need move to SD card option in ZE551KL,  we can't move apps to sd card any more.

Not happening. This topic has already been covered.
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm