Release Note
ZenTalk

12Next

[Reported] Asus Removed core android6 funtionality GIVE US BACK SD CARD AS INTERNAL STORAGE

2690 12
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Barracuda7772 CAN Level 2 | All posts
ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE551KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: .
Frequency of Occurrence: .
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: .
Screenshot: -
This just angers me ! Why would asus remove one of the most useful features of android 6 !!! Everyone sound off here and lets let Asus know WE WANT TO BE ABLE TO FORMAT OUR SD CARDS AS INTERNAL STORAGE !!!

Rate

Participants 1ZenCredit +5 Hide Reason
skyethur + 5 You Rock

View rating log

Props
USA Level 4 | All posts
Whats the point of new system update if you cant use it the way it should. we should do the petition to put back all the good features of android M..
Props
skyethur posted on 2016/6/30 20:13
Whats the point of new system update if you cant use it the way it should. we should do the petition ...

My name would be the first on the list. I would sign that in a heartbeat.  STOCK android would be better.  I already use google Now launcher
Props
CMR Level 1 | All posts
I updated specifically for this feature. The app2sd in previous version was bugged and you couldn't update application on your SD card without your phone restarting
Props
shininggg2000 posted on 2016/7/1 11:48
I updated specifically for this feature. The app2sd in previous version was bugged and you couldn't  ...

I've learned you can use adb to force enable this feature! I do believe I will enable it I have U1 SD card and I could use the storage.  I only have around 4 gigs free at the moment
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
Not going to happen. Samsung pulled that as it was too confusing to people. Asus did the same thing apparently. People are used to popping the card out and having a computer read it for pictures. Plus once the phone assimilates the card, that's it, it becomes one with the phone. Adoptable Storage is a bad idea. Samsumg and Asus pulling it was a good idea.

And by the way I have a spare 128GB card to put to the test.
Props
Driver8666 posted on 2016/7/3 02:31
Not going to happen. Samsung pulled that as it was too confusing to people. Asus did the same thing  ...

They should not remove it for everyone just cause some people are complete idiots. .

If you read what I said you can connect your phone to a pc via adb tools and enter the force adoptable storage-true command.  Good to know asus thinks were too stupid to properly use a feature of android
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
Last edited by Driver8666 on 2016/7/3 14:14

Well I updated the phone. Adoptable Storage is NOT an option. Moving apps to the microSD card also isin't an option. It wasn't a stupid decision on their part. It was a smart one. But since I am using a 4GB/64GB version of the ZE551ML, it's not going to hurt me that much. LG, Samsung and Asus all aren't using adoptable storage. It might hurt you guys, but my ZE551KL has only been used a total of 30 days, since December of 2015. I use the ZE551ML. Guess I have to move all my apps that reside on the card onto the phone.

Don't go suggesting that. Knowing the IQ of the forum, especially the ZE551ML forum who whine and bitch about M all day long, people will actually do it and screw the phone up. It's been done. And like the multiple users thread being taken off, people will whine.

Say you do use adoptable storage. You make the memory card one with your phone. Like marriage. Say you want to transfer a file to your computer to email or backup and your USB port doesn't work. Guess what? Unless you can use Bluetooth and it's working, you're a bit f-----. This is all guessing that you have a PC that has Bluetooth.
Props
Driver8666 posted on 2016/7/3 11:10
Well I updated the phone. Adoptable Storage is NOT an option. Moving apps to the microSD card also i ...

If I want to transfer stuff to my computer I use the cloud.  You know the very simple way of transferring files that you don't need cords for at all?  
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
Barracuda7772 posted on 2016/7/4 19:02
If I want to transfer stuff to my computer I use the cloud.  You know the very simple way of trans ...

That's true too, but that's under the theory that you have a connection to the cloud. Alot of people will complain about that.

I finally dicked around with it. I don't see the hype. I'm still messing around with it.
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm