ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: -
RAM: -
Firmware/APP Version: -
Frequency of Occurrence: -
Rooted: -
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
The ZE550KL model has received the Marshmallow update. When will the ZE551KL receive the marshmallow update?
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi  rhogg65,

The following ASUS ZenFone models will receive the Android M (6.0) upgrade in Q2 of 2016:
PadFone S (PF500KL)
ZenFone 2 (ZE550ML, ZE551ML)
ZenFone 2 Deluxe (ZE551ML)
ZenFone 2 Deluxe Special Edition (ZE551ML)
ZenFone 2 Laser (ZE500KG, ZE500KL, ZE550KL, ZE551KL, ZE600KL, ZE601KL)
ZenFone Selfie (ZD551KL)
ZenFone Max (ZC550KL)
ZenFone Zoom (ZX551ML)
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
Q2 of 2016 isn't an answer. The other ZF2L variants have received their update. We ZE551KL owners would like ours as well, or at least more detail regarding why it hasn't been released and when to expect it. A three month window does not make us happy customers. I'm sure it works great for business purposes to have such a wide margin, but us customers will never be happy when our updates are NOT a priority, especially after you've already gotten our money.

I would really like to see Asus do well with mobile, but partnering with companies such as Cheetah Mobile to include their shady software and failing to release updates in a timely manner do not help you.
Props
POL Level 2 | All posts
HampTheToker posted on 2016/6/24 19:14
Q2 of 2016 isn't an answer. The other ZF2L variants have received their update. We ZE551KL owners wo ...

>The other ZF2L variants
Only 3 variants received update. There are still 4 other left (ZE550KG, ZE551KL, ZE600KL, ZE601KL)
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
I agree saying q2 we will be getting the update is a crock. Here it is almost end of q2 and never heard a word yet
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
priv.luk posted on 2016/6/24 14:17
>The other ZF2L variants
Only 3 variants received update. There are still 4 other left (ZE550KG, Z ...

Other two, other three...so many of which to keep track. Asus can't afford to let that be their excuse when dealing with their products and their failure to keep promises. There are what...three days left in Q2? Even if they do push OTAs to all remaining devices at the 11th hour, it doesn't erase the past three months of being strung along like friendzone veterans. Not to mention the state a rushed OTA can be. Or, the Cheetah Mobile stuff. That's always funfunfun.
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
I wish ASUS would give us some feedback on tbis update
Props
CAN Level 1 | All posts
I just installed the Marshmallow update,everything seems to work fine .it doesn't support apps 2 SD, so it will prompt you to move apps to system storage after that update google play services then update installed apps and you are good too go
Props
CAN Level 1 | All posts
Just got Marshmallow update June 30 in Canada. Doing factory reset and installing now.
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Please understand Q2 - 2017. Check announced from Asus , listen and carefully.
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm