ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: -
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: ww.1.17.40.1106_20160202
Frequency of Occurrence: 1.5
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Ever since the Update when I get a phone call I have to route it through Speaker Phone or BT Headset. People cannot hear me, at all, when I just hold the phone to my ear like a normal person. The microphone physically works, since it works in every app OTHER THAN "regular to-the-ear-phone-call" Phone calls. It might be level o the mic, or just the lower mic, because if I scream they say they can hea

Please fix this bug. my phone was running PERFECTLY until this update.
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
I have the same problem..
Perhaps a link to the code to enter engineering mode would allow us to set the gain on the microphone??
I have searched the net and found a few Android engineering mode codes but none work properly on this phone.
So post up admins and let us fix our phones..
Thanks in advance
Props
Hello abraxsis
Please help me run the SMMI test to verify if the hardware can function normally. For instructions please refer to the link below:
http://www.asus.com/zentalk/foru ... &highlight=SMMI

Have you tried it under "safe mode"?
In safe mode, only the factory pre-installed applications will be loaded.
For instructions, please refer to the link below:
http://www.asus.com/zentalk/foru ... ghlight=safe%2Bmode

Also, does the microphone work when using apps like Skype?

Thank you
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
same issue with me , no one is able to hear me on the other side after the new update
Props
abraxsis USA Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by abraxsis on 2016/2/26 18:00
bill2_chang_ASUS posted on 2016/2/26 05:17
Hello abraxsis
Please help me run the SMMI test to verify if the hardware can function normally. For ...

SMMI shows that the mic works but is VERY low, perhaps the gain is messed up?

Yes, the mic works in other instances.

Obviously it isn't a local issue since other people are posting the same issues.
FYI, only the LOWER mic is having the issue, the upper mic seems to work fine. However that doesn't help when I want to use my phone like a normal phone held ot my ear.
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
And then m wondering how pathetic asus devs can be , they seems to b the most useless people on this earth, its being almost a week and issue ia not yet fixed , this is the most basic phone functionality and phone is useles without this
Props
Has anyone found a solution to this problem? In my case, everything worked fine until the latest system update (02.02.2016.). Now people can't hear me on some calls, and after reboot everything works fine for a day or two then again I hear "Something's wrong...I can barely hear you."
Props
I found this...will try. Google: Solved: Asus Zenphone 2e mic problem
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
Same issue with my Zenfone 2 Laser.  Just noticed it about a week ago.  Same symptoms as others.  Person on other end can't hear me until I turn on the speaker.  Then fine.  Reboot fixes for a while but the problem returns.  Going to install earlier firmware UL-Z00T-WW-1.15.40.639 and see if it fixes it.  
Props
CAN Level 1 | All posts
Same for my Zenfone 2 Laser. I thing it's an android issue with many phones.
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm