Release Note
ZenTalk

12Next

[More Information Needed] [System] BUG - "Message Not Sent" Notification Keeps Appearing

9547 11
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
ProxyGamer USA Level 1 | All posts
ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: -
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: 5.0.2
Frequency of Occurrence: Constantly
Rooted: No
APP Name: SMS Messenger
Screenshot:
I am having some sort of notification issue regarding a messenger bug. It keeps thinking that I have not sent a message. When there is a conversation going (SMS), I verify that all messages go through and they do. I never had an instance where it it did not but this notification keeps popping up.
I can remove the notification by tapping on "Clear" when I swipe down from the top, but in 3 minutes or so, it comes back up. Even when there isn't any conversations.

I've even reset the cache multiple times to see if it worked but no luck removing this notification. My phone's model is the ZE551KL (ASUS_Z00TD) and it's running on Android 5.0.2 with the T-Mobile network on SIM 1. If anyone knows of a fix, I would be interested! If not, I hope the Asus Dev team would fix this soon!

Nicholas
Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (ZE550KL / ASUS_Z00TD)
3GB Ram / x64 1.5GHz / 32 GB
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
Last edited by Driver8666 on 2016/1/28 06:05

For me it depends on the cellular strength. It's got 4 bars right. 3 or 4 bars means it'll send. 0, 1 or 2, you'll get that message. If there's an X in a circle and you hit send, it'll be placed in a queue until you get 3 or 4 bars to send it. Topography and the lay of the land also determine this. Also how far you are from a cell tower or repeater.

dBm numbers:

-53 to -93: Your message will send.
-93 to -103: Your message has a 50% chance of getting sent.
-103 to -113: Your message will not send. It's akin to losing the signal.

It's not any kind of software bug. Hope this clears things up. I have both a ZE551ML and ZE551KL and both regarding signals are one and the same.
Props
IND Beta Tester | All posts
go to asus messaging app in settings clear cache and app data  force stop uninstall updates
Re install app from playstore

Or

1. Install Handcent SMS from Android Marketplace
2. Launch Handcent SMS
3. Press Menu Button >> More + >> Undelivered messages
4. Here you can delete undelivered conversations and end your "messages not sent" woes!
Props
Hi guys, I do not have bad signal. I usually get 4 out of 4 bars in my area and I've tried reinstalling the messaging app that did not work as well. It even shows a notification when there isn't any conversations.
Props
I don't see an option for undelivered messages as well on my app.
Screenshot_2016-01-28-10-48-51.jpg
Props
IND Beta Tester | All posts
ProxyGamer posted on 2016/1/29 00:50
I don't see an option for undelivered messages as well on my app.

Try handscent sms method which i have mentioned
Props
Hello ProxyGamer
Please try what adityamv79 has mentioned
And also, please reply if you have any progress
Thank you
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
I don't have this issue on the ZE551ML. Never had it on the ZE551KL. I just usually tap and eventually it gets sent or placed in the queue. It's annoying yes, but I've found this to be the case when I'm on the subway (underground where there is no signal repeaters, some stations and tunnels have them), and the phone still tells me I'm connected to a tower even though I'm not.

Other suggestions are to download Open Signal and the free version of Network Signal Strength from Google Play. Ignore the stupid warning that Open Signal is high battery use. It's actually low battery use. Open Signal will give you a better idea of how far your tower is.
Props
USA Beta Tester | All posts
bill2_chang_ASUS posted on 2016/1/29 17:00
Hello ProxyGamer
Please try what adityamv79 has mentioned
And also, please reply if you have any pro ...

Wow, Asus is aware of the issue but not able to fix it. Instead, telling us to get another app because the one they have doesn't work.
Planned Android M update? Yeah right.
Props
USA Level 2 | All posts
Last edited by GRB on 2016/2/18 15:28
adityamv79 posted on 2016/1/28 07:34
go to asus messaging app in settings clear cache and app data  force stop uninstall updates
Re insta ...

Personally I'd like a different messaging app.  On my Samsung S3 mini the text messages are part of the phone app.  This is much more desirable in my opinion.  Once again this seems to be an issue of unwanted behavior from an Asus phone.  What would stock Android do?  Would it be simpler and more consistant?  Is there an alternative app that is better than the one that comes preinstalled on the Asus phone?  I've sent text messages people say they get them and respond, but I don't get anything back from them.
Edit:
Okay  I see I didn't have whatever was the original ASUS app.  I did install some version of Handscent and will give that a try for a while.
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm