Model: -
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: 1.16.40.763_20151201
Frequency of Occurrence: always
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
two issues..

1. there is virtually no volume when using the speakerphone.. It is so low as to be useable..

2. when making an outbound call, i do not hear the phone ringing.. No way to tell if the call is going through or not unless the other party answers..

bob w

Props
bigbw USA Level 1 | All posts
OK, solved speakerphone issue..  still can't tell if the call is ringing when making outgoing call though..
Props
Greetings bigbw
Please help me run the SMMI test to verify if the hardware can function normally. For instructions please refer to the link below:
http://www.asus.com/zentalk/foru ... &highlight=SMMI

If passed the test, please try a factory data reset. Remember to back up your files before doing so. For instructions, please refer to the link below:
http://www.asus.com/zentalk/foru ... highlight=reset

If the SMMI test failed, it means that the hardware that failed the test can not function normally.
I would suggest to send the phone to your nearest repair center for check ups
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

Thank you
Props
USA Level 4 | All posts
bigbw posted on 2016/1/10 19:44
OK, solved speakerphone issue..  still can't tell if the call is ringing when making outgoing call t ...

You need to turn on the "audiowizard app" that came with the phone it makes all sound louder but your notification will stay very loud even though you turn to the lowest settings.
Props
Audiowizard is turned on.

Speakerphone issue was an incorrect user manual.. It has the buttons you press for microphone mute and speakerphone mixed up.. I thought I was turning the Speaker, but I was really muteing the mic.. Worked fine once I pressed the right button..  I used the phone in my car yesterday and I could hear it ringing thru the Bluetooth speaker, so maybe it is working now as well..

It passed all the hardware tests and I am not ready to go through the hassle of a reset yet.. Will try it for a few days as is..
Props
Everything is working well now.. I am happy with it..
Props
USA Level 2 | All posts
bigbw posted on 2016/1/12 09:53
Audiowizard is turned on.

Speakerphone issue was an incorrect user manual.. It has the buttons you ...

Could you please explain what are the correct buttons?  My reply would have been shorter but the forum software doesn't allow short questions.  Another techno-illogical annoyance.
Props
USA Level 2 | All posts
Last edited by GRB on 2016/1/17 15:07

After reading this post I learned about the Audiowizard.  However this is an example of over-complexity where the volume levels are adjusted in several different places.  For simplicity and clarity sound settings should be located in just one place, and they should "stick" when you set them.  I have had problems where the volume buttons on the back of the phone do not bring up the volume or loudness enough when using Bluetooth pairing in my car.  I found out that at times you have to bring up the volume in the Sound Settings menu in the system settings.  Again all of this is overly complex and confusing.  It does not improve user friendliness.  Asus should work for improved simplicity.  Their concept seems to be to add excessive apps that are not necessary desired by the end users while at the same time increasing the learning curve and complexity for end users.  The end result is at times less than satisfactory.  An example of over-complexity would be the system tests which are addressed by entering a numeral combination in the calculator.  Again, why not just an area in the system menu under "About This Device"?  The problem as I see it is that Google is doing one thing and hardware manufactures are getting overly involved with add on softwware.  By the same token Google itself is adding way too much garbage.  You should not have to have a gmail account to use an Android phone.  It's rather obvious to have a decent user friendly phone it has to be rooted; but this not only voids the warranty, but it is also difficult to achieve.  All of this is a serious flaw in the the Android OS and just goes to prove that Google cannot be trusted.  At least Asus has this forum where we can express our concerns.  In contrast it's very difficult to give public feedback to Google.
Props
GRB posted on 2016/1/17 14:41
Could you please explain what are the correct buttons?  My reply would have been shorter but the fo ...

I can't figure out how to insert a picture, but the button for speakerphone is the top left one that looks like a speaker.. The button to the right of it looks like a microphone with a slash and it mutes the mic..

It is on page 64 of the manual..

bob
Props
Is it possible to have voice output on incoming text messages using asus messenger ??
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm