ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: -
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_1.16.40.763_20151201
Frequency of Occurrence: IN EVERY MOMENT
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
I have the problem that if I move more than 5 meters from the router full signal even if the wifi is turned off and becomes in saved network, no wifi to connect more than 5 meters
Props
Hello edwin.rico
Do you mean that when your phone's WIFI is turned on, you can't connect to your router's WIFI or there's no Access point available on the WIFI list when you are more than five meters away from your router?
Thank you
Props
edwin.rico HND Level 1 | All posts
That's right, in the zenfone 2 Laser only connects to the router when in a range of 5 meters, then passed to mobile data and wifi becomes as saved; although the signal is excellent not connected until becomes in the range 5 meters
Props
Hello edwin.rico
Does other devices(phones,tablets?) have the same problems with your router?
Which frequency is your router on? 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz
What happens if your mobile data is turned off and only WIFI is on? Can the phone be connected even when it is more than 5 meters away?
Thank you
Props
hello, all devices work well in routers and may be in different places and none has disconnected while the router signal, has been tested on several routers 2.4 and 5 Ghz and both zenfone 2 when the laser is separated approximately 5 meters This router is disconnected and the wireless network app shows excellent signal but instead appears to be connected and connected only saved if you return a be in the range of 5 meters, if you turn off mobile data if it is outside the range of 5 meters which detects wifi but does not connect until it is near the router, when the laser is in zenfone 5 meters or par router everything works correctly
Props
wifi at or in the range of 5 meters near the router
Screenshot_2015-12-25-12-03-22_1.jpg
Props
wifi outside the range of 5 meters
Screenshot_2015-12-25-12-19-23_1.jpg
Props
Hello edwin.rico
Does your phone have the same problem with different routers?
Can you also tell me what is the brand and model of your router?
thank you
Props
GNQ Level 1 | All posts
i think i'm having the same problem with my ZE500KL device. I believe it's a faulty of this asus models. If you do a hard reset you will see that it's fixed but only for some hours/days. Too, I've seen that 3G/4G connections exchange often so your calls are cut.

Does asus need a software upgrade or how they will compensate us?

Edwin did you buy your device in spain? As you can see in Amazon, pccomponentes and htcmania customers coments they are claiming about this same issue.
Props
bill2_chang_ASUS posted on 2015/12/28 01:21
Hello edwin.rico
Does your phone have the same problem with different routers?
Can you also tell me  ...

any router is the same, I tested in nexxt, cisco, linksys, tp-link, d-link
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm