Firmware/APP Version: ww_21.40.1220.2181_20
Frequency of Occurrence: 1
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Last edited by callista01 on 2018/3/26 10:55

Hi All,

Needing your help......
My Asus ZE551kl is in a bootloop state showing only the Asus logo.
There are no recover apps previously installed (e.g. TWRP or Clockworkmod) and the bootloader is locked.
I only have access to the factory recovery option (power key+ vol down key) and the fast boot option (power key + vol up key).
When in fast boot the device simply sitswaiting.  No options are presented aside from the device saying FastBoot Mode.
My current version is ww_21.40.1220.2181_20170805 and i am unable to downgrade using the "Apply update from microSD card" with the firmware found on the ASUS website(UL-Z00T-WW-21.40.1220.2056-user.zip).  
Error: cant install this package over a newer build:
E: Error in /sideload /package.zip (status 7)
E: Fota_return_code 409
Installation aborted.

Can anyone assist me with finding the "ww_21.40.1220.2181_20170805"firmware and would sideloading the same firmware over what is in the devicework?

Additionally, I have found the belowsuggestion.  Can you say if this can work.

*    Install ADB driver
*    Decompress ADB_Fastbootl_Tool.zip at desktopdirectories folder C:\Dekstop\…. here …
*    Copy the stock rom ASUS_.zip into ADB_FasbootTool folder (should this be the "1220.2181" or "1220.2056")
*    Extracts stock rom ASUS_.zip and you will findrecovery.img
*    Now, drag out / move recovery.img toADB_Fasboot Tool folder
*    at phone, go into fastboot mode / Droid boot“press simultaneously Volume up and Power button “
*    and now, connect usb cable from your device toPC
*    Back to your PC, Double click or run CMD.exeat ADB_Fasboot Tool folder…. and you will see on windows “Commandprompt”  and Next, Type in the command prompt “fastboot erase recovery.img”and press enter…. see my command bellows :

fastboot eraserecovery.img
     fastboot flashrecovery recovery.img

*    Next, Select recovery mode and you will seeAndroid robot broken,
*    continue with “press simultaneously Volume upand volume down “ … and You into recovery mode now
*    Select apply update.zip from adb
*    and now, connect usb cable from your device toPC
*    Back to your PC, Double click or run CMD.exeat ADB_Fasboot Tool folder…. and you will see on windows “Command prompt”
*    Next, Type in the command prompt “adb sideload“Stock Rom file name .zip” and press enter… Example see my command below :

adb sideload UL-Z00T-WW-21.40.1220.2056-user.zip

*    Wait until the file transfer is complete
*    if aborted, please download stock romappropriate for your devices model
*    if complete, reboot now and enjoy

Thanks all

Props
Hello callista01
I would suggest to send the phone to your nearest repair center for check ups if you are not sure what to do next
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Thank you
Props
callista01 USA Level 1 | All posts
Hi, thanks for your feedback.
I live in Jamaica, unfortunately my country is not on the list that has a support center.

Can anyone extract their raw file for version ww_21.40.1220.2181_20170805 and post a link to download?

Thanks
Props
callista01 USA Level 1 | All posts
Support advised that i send the device to them.  they estimate that the average service charge would be Us$155.00. then i would need to take into consideration shipping from and return to my home country.   Sounds like it might be better buying a new phone.

Can anyone extract their raw file for version ww_21.40.1220.2181_20170805 and post a link to download?

Thanks
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
I know this may sound ridiculous, but my phone did the same thing. It just started bootloop for no reason; I tried restarting and going into the service menu and rebooting the system, blah blah... But.. then I took out the battery and left it out for about an hour.... then the phone worked again.. Its done it once since then and again I took out the battery for an hour and the phone started right up.. So..I guess before you trash it or spend $155, it would be worth a shot?
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm