Release Note
ZenTalk

[Replied] [Signal/ Connection] Cannot make or receive calls, SMS or use cell network data after factory reset

1010 2
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
druida88 USA Level 1 | All posts
ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE551KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_21.40.1220.2181_20170805
Frequency of Occurrence: 4g
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Hi,

The device has Android 6.0.1 installed by the internal "system udpate", firmware is WW_21.40.1220.2181_20170805 and the device is not rooted, and never has been modified in any way.

Days ago my Zenfone 2 Laser model ZE551KL became slow, very slow. I did a restart and it could not finish the restarting process even after hours. Then I did a factory reset. The device is now working again for everything (wifi, bluetooth, camera, etc) except it cannot make or receive calls, cannot receive or send SMS, and cannot access internet over the cell network.

Entering on SETTINGS -> Wireless & Networks -> More -> Cell networks -> network operators -> Search newtorks
it can "see" the 2G and 3G networks, but the 4G network is no longer there.
It can login in the cell network, but cannot use such network.

The device has 2 SIM card slots. I changed the slot, used other SIM cards, but the device does not works.

I did a hardware test by entering on the calculator ".12345+". The hardware is working fine.
I tested my SIM card in two other devices, and it is working fine, can make and receive calls, SMS and access internet, so the problem is not with the SIM card or the phone line.

I did a second factory reset. Did not reinstalled any backup or old data, or any third part app, but nothing improved.

Seems the firmware cannot properly handle the phone frequencies.
Is there any hidden setting that was disabled/changed because of the factory reset?

I wrote to ASUS support, but got no answer so far.
Device is no longer in warranty.

Can you help me?

Props
Hello druida88
I would suggest to send the phone to your nearest repair center for check ups
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Thank you
Props
druida88 USA Level 1 | All posts
The device was bought in USA and now I am in Brazil, but Asus Brazil refuses to provide any assistance.
I will remember that at the time to purchase any electronic in the future. Asus never again!

P.S.: My device worked in Brazil for 1 year without any problem. It is compatible with the 4G networks used in Brazil.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm