Model: ZE551KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: 21.40.1220.1794
Frequency of Occurrence: NA
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Hi there,

I haven't been able to get a proper answer from other methods so I will ask on ZenTalk with hopefully more luck.

The Zenfone2 Laser ze551kl is currently running the security patch from July 2016, and we are now in February 2017.

Asus tells me this phone is still supported,  but is there any planes to keep the security updated on this device?There are some very serious vulnerabilities that users are exposed to with this model that have been patched in other Zenfone2 models running newer security patches.
Props
USA Level 2 | All posts
we are very slim since Asus got so many phones to go after fixing bugs that is why the support very weak so you are not alone we're all waiting i have a feeling that we are very much dead there are so many phones on the market that can be switch over make your call.
Props
Hello robcan1
Don't worry, the next firmware update is planned to be released around the end of this month
Thank you
Props
USA Level 2 | All posts
bill2_chang_ASUS posted on 2017/2/13 02:29
Hello robcan1
Don't worry, the next firmware update is planned to be released around the end of this ...

we will take your word for it will see what happen.

thanks
Props
robcan1 CAN Level 1 | All posts
bill2_chang_ASUS posted on 2017/2/12 23:29
Hello robcan1
Don't worry, the next firmware update is planned to be released around the end of this ...

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I will also be patiently waiting for this update and hope that it happens.

Thank you again for your speedy reply.
Props
USA Level 2 | All posts
Hello robcan1

hello there,

this month about to end  are we going to get a new update???
Props
CAN Level 2 | All posts
We are the last day of February and no update why ? 
Props
COL Level 1 | All posts
Hi. my mom have this phone, and the signal with the sim 2 (virgin mobile colombia) is very poor, in any place, sometimes have signal and sometimes the signal is dead, not is virgin, is a problem with android M, before upgrade the phone to android M, the signal was good. Other problem is the touch gesture in the notification bar, i use smart launcher in my zenfone 2, and the touch gesture in the notification bar runs ok, but in the zenfone 2 laser the touch gesture in the bar don't run properly.
Please fix this (and others) problems in the zenfone 2 laser. Thanks.
Props
USA Level 2 | All posts
Hello robcan1

February already passed... Why no updates?
Props
robcan1 CAN Level 1 | All posts
This is very upsetting that Asus cannot, or will not support one of their products. If they are only going to patch security and bug fixes once a year that information should really be communicated to the customer prior to the purchase of the device.
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm