Release Note
ZenTalk

[Resolved] Will ZenUI 3 be released for ZE551KL?

1656 3
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
samsegal97 ISR Level 1 | All posts
ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE551KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: MMB29P.WW_user_21.40.2210.1794_20160722
Frequency of Occurrence: Octa-core (4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: ASUS ZenUI
Screenshot:
I bought my Zenfone 2 Laser a while ago, It seems powerful enough for this ZenUI upgrade.

I know it's not market profitable, but will the ZE551KL get an update to run ZenUI 3?

If so, I think Asus has just become my favourite company out there, making me glad I chose Zenfone over the competitors.
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
   This reply is the best answer.   
Last edited by zeeshankazi7 on 2016/9/27 23:56

Hi, the ZenUI 3 is virtually the same as Zen UI 2.0. I was using the Zenfone Selfie previously and currently, I am using the Zenfone 3. The few changes made were the icons. They've already been updated on the Zenfone 2 Series. They added the paralax effect, which again was added on the Zenfone 2 Series. To see, long press the homescreen, select 'Preferences', select 'Home screen'. You'll find an option 'Wallpaper Motion Effect'. That's it. They've also added the Game Genie, which isn't present on the Zenfone 2 Series. So, of you've installed the latest ZenUI launcher update and have updated all ZenUI apps, you actually have the ZenUI 3.0, barring the 'Game Genie'.
Props Helpful 0
CAN Level 2 | All posts
ZenUI 3 is already released through PlayStore updates.

If your ZenFone 2 came with Android 5 & it's the 16GB version you may not want to upgrade to Android 6 since you will lose the ability to move apps to your SD card.

Make sure read about all the Android 6 limitations.

I'm still running Lollipop & have no issues.
Props
samsegal97 ISR Level 1 | All posts
The only reason I asked was since I did find that missing feature. Well, that's great! Hope Asus will keep updating these a bit older phones as well.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm