ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE551ML
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: ZE551ML_ WW_4.21.40.134
Frequency of Occurrence: 1.8Ghz
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Why i cannot find option to turn on Wi-Fi calling?

My Mobile Telco is Wi-Fi calling capable by the way, tested on iphone and it's working.
Props
Hello groundzerox
Can you explain what Wi-Fi Calling is?
What applications will you use via this feature?
Thank you
Props
groundzerox MYS Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by groundzerox on 2016/9/6 00:00

wifi calling suppose to be a native feature of Marshmallow.

it allows user to make call through mobile service provider via Wi-Fi, in the event at a location of poor signal coverage.

it's a build in feature for marshmallow to make call via wifi only....not an application.

attached picture for reference.
wifi-nexus6p.jpg
edd4b7e6-1c57-48b8-b7fa-3349bf40ccdb.png
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Last edited by FYJ_ASUS on 2016/9/7 16:27
groundzerox posted on 2016/9/5 23:31
wifi calling suppose to be a native feature of Marshmallow.

it allows user to make call through mob ...

Hi groundzerox,

Wifi- calling feature is often coming with customized Android devices that purchased from the network provider.

I have checked Nexus 6 with original android M version and do not find that option neither.

Could you check for me if that feature can be found in other Android device?

thanks
Props
Nexus 6P have that option....

Oh, 1 more thing...the option does not appear by default, you need to slot in Sim card from service provider that support wifi calling

if you slot in sim card from service provider that do not support wi-fi calling, the option won't appear.

Android support page on WiFi calling

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2811843?hl=en

i tried my sim card on my friend's iphone just to verify and confirm the wifi calling feature is enabled on service provider side and it's working fine.

Props
Anonymous 
Last edited by c3096147 on 2016/9/8 14:36

I would like to know if WiFi Calling is supported on ZE551ML (Z00AD) for T-Mobile in US or not as I know that it is supported by the network on other devices like iPhone. The ONLY reason I want to upgrade to Android M is for the WiFi calling feature as I've bad signal coverage at home and WiFi calling will solve this problem for me.
I've been waiting patiently for Android M and after such a long wait it would be a shame that a native Android M feature like WiFi Calling is not available on our device (I've a ZE551ML (Z00AD) 4GB RAM).
Please confirm whether this important feature will work or not as otherwise there is no reason for me to upgrade.
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
I just upgraded to MM from lollypop on my Zenfone2. I also have a T-mobile card installed in sim1 slot, and can confirm that there is no option for wifi calling under the settings area. This of course differs from the CM version (of marshmallow) that supports tmobile wifi calling out of the gate. I had also been patiently waiting for MM to enable this feature. It is a sad day.
Props
LTU Level 6 | All posts
FYJ_ASUS posted on 2016/9/7 10:21
Hi groundzerox,

Wifi- calling feature is often coming with customized Android devices that purchas ...

http://www.howtogeek.com/234608/ ... on-an-android-phone
http://www.cnet.com/news/what-you-need-to-know-about-wifi-calling
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi groundzerox,

ZE551ML does not support wifi-calling.

Sorry for any inconvenience
Props
FYJ_ASUS posted on 2016/9/13 15:21
Hi groundzerox,

ZE551ML does not support wifi-calling.

dang.........any plan to implement the Wi-Fi Calling?
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm