Model: ZE550KL
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: Latest
Frequency of Occurrence: 1.2
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: Play Music
Screenshot:
Last edited by wolverin on 2016/8/5 11:12

I have always used the equalizer in Google play music since my first android phone. However it seems to have been removed for some time on my Zenfone 2 (see screenshot). I checked my friends' Zenfone 2 Laser, and there too the equalizer was missing. However I checked the play music app on another friends' Moto E and there the equalizer was present. So has Asus disabled the same? Is this only for Asus phones?
Anyways I downloaded Rocket player a couple of days back, sicne it has equalizer and haven't looked back at play music since, because without eq. the music just doesn't sounds good enough on it.

Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Try Following solutions:
1) First of all check if you are on Latest available version of Google Play Music, if not open play store and update it.
2) Check if you have Asus Music app installed, if Yes Go to Asus Music->Options(3 dots)->Settings->Equalizer Tab->Fine Tune Audio Settings and See if you can select android equalizer here
3) Try Clearing Cache of Play Music app as well as Google service framework. Go to Settings->Apps->All->Play Music App/Google Service Framework->Clear Cache
4) (Try this only if you have no updates of Play music pending)If the above issue arrived possibly after the last update, you can try uninstalling update, Go to Settings->Apps->All->Play Music->Uninstall Update. Restart phone and see if this solves your issue.
Props
wolverin IND Level 3 | All posts
This is not something which happened with last update but I've been seeing this for some time now... i've already tried clearing cache of play music, and even mopile cache but nothing changes. Already tried uninstalling updates to play music, no luck. Do you see equalizer on you mobile?
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
wolverin posted on 2016/8/5 14:52
This is not something which happened with last update but I've been seeing this for some time now... ...

Yes I do see, Try one more thing, I have seen this trick work on some of the devices, Install a 3rd party EQ app from play store. Many of the times installing 3rd party EQ app enabled the android based equalizer and was visible again in the play music
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi wolverin,

Try the steps mentioned above by bagaria & let us know if that works, also there is a new firmware update available try installing the same & check if that fixes the issue.

If OTA is not available check the Asus Support website for manual download of the firmware.
Props
USA Level 2 | All posts
Stock equaliser has been removed by asus with the MM update. U have to use AUDIO WIZARD which is pre-installed, as the default equaliser now.
Props
wolverin IND Level 3 | All posts
Yes, stock equalizer is missing. On installing an equalizer from play store, google play uses it. However I found the equalizer for rocket player to be much better that play music. Plus rocket player supports casting local music, which is missing from play music.
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hey  wolverin,

Is your issue solved ?
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm