Release Note
ZenTalk

[Resolved] [Signal/ Connection] No data connection at all!

1465 9
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
suscribela ARG Level 1 | All posts
ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE551KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: ww_21.40.1220.1708.20160621
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Last edited by suscribela on 2016/7/20 09:23

Hello,

I've just receive the unit purchased in Amazon to ASUS.

The data connection it is not working from the beginning.

I'm in Argentina, South America and the cellular bands here are the ones specified for this telephone:
2G: 850 / 1900
3G: 850 / 1900 (B5 / B2)
4G: 1700 (B4-AWS) / 700* (B28-APT700)
So this is not the problem.

I realize when I left home, and away from my WIFI network no whatsapp or emails arrived.
Once I was in front of my door and the WIFI connection was in range, thedata woke up and all emails and whatsup started to arrive.
Unit it is not rooted, However the unit updated to Marshmallow and installed the latest updates available.
There are other minor issues in settings that have to be simple to setup and,after a turn-off go back to default.

If there is not a serious explanation and solution from ASUS, I will returnthis unit ASAP.

Looking forward to any comments
Thanks
Horacio

Props
TWN Level 5 | All posts
   This reply is the best answer.   
Go to Settings -> Wireless & networks More... -> Mobile networks -> Access point names -> Access point names (SIM 1 and SIM 2) and check if the settings there are the right ones for your provider.
You should find the needed settings on the website of your provider.
Props Helpful 0
Hi IceWM

I did all settings together with the support of my carrier customer service, but there is not data connection.
Also I changed the SIM card to my old telephone to verify if could be a problem with it and works good in the other telephone.

Thanks for you suggestion
Props
TWN Level 5 | All posts
suscribela posted on 2016/7/20 22:50
Hi IceWM

I did all settings together with the support of my carrier customer service, but there is  ...

You are welcome

If mobile data is enabled and the APN settings are correct I think it would be the best to contact Amazon to replace the phone.
It's new, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Props
Asus experience it's a bit frustrating. Because the telephone look and feel promise to be good.
Thanks
Props
TWN Level 5 | All posts
suscribela posted on 2016/7/21 02:54
Asus experience it's a bit frustrating. Because the telephone look and feel promise to be good.
Than ...

I guess that you just had bad luck with this device. This could happen with every device from every brand.
My ZE551ML is a bit more than one year old now and I have (and had) no problem with it.
Props
Dear ICEwm

I found different options to set the APN, but finally I founded the right one for my carrier in Argentina.
the link is the following :

https://comunidad.movistar.com.a ... racion#.V5AIURLkd4I

Problem solved.
Thanks for the support

Best regards
Horacio
Props
TWN Level 5 | All posts
suscribela posted on 2016/7/21 08:01
Dear ICEwm

I found different options to set the APN, but finally I founded the right one for my car ...

You are welcome
I'm glad to hear that the problem is solved now.

Then at last it was a APN settings problem, right?

Greetings

IceWM
Props
Dear ICEwm

I found different options to set the APN, but finally I founded the right one for my carrier in Argentina.
the link is the following :

https://comunidad.movistar.com.a ... racion#.V5AIURLkd4I

Problem solved.
Thanks for the support

Best regards
Horacio
Props
TWN Level 5 | All posts
suscribela posted on 2016/7/22 00:54
Dear ICEwm

I found different options to set the APN, but finally I founded the right one for my car ...

Good afternoon Horacio,

anytime again
I'm glad that I could help a little bit to solve the problem but at least you found the right APN settings.
Enjoy your Zenfone Laser!

Have a nice day

IceWM
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm