ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE551KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: MMB29P.WW_ user_21.40.1220.1708_20160621
Frequency of Occurrence: What?
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
I wanted to keep multi user, but i did a factory reset and now it's gone.  Please bring it back!!  I know it was always buggy but it's better than nothing!  And of course it's possible and easy since it was working before the reset.  I don't want to have to root my phone just because you remove features for no good reason.  Please put it back!
Props
CAN Level 2 | All posts
You were warned when you upgraded that it would be gone.  Don't blame Asus
Props
moo.marc CAN Level 1 | All posts
"I warn you I'm going to punch you in the face.  *punches you in the face*  Can't blame me, I warned you."  Thanks for that childish argument.

The warning said if you keep your account it will stay after the update.  And it did.  But then I didn't realize you could never do a factory reset or loose it.

But all that isn't very relevant.  I blame them for removing features and I'm asking them politely to put them back.
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
moo.marc posted on 2016/7/2 16:51
"I warn you I'm going to punch you in the face.  *punches you in the face*  Can't blame me, I warned ...

It's not a childish argument. It was in the Notes. Don't tell me you didn't read the notes. Before I install software I always read the notes. This way I can't blame the company for something going wrong before, during and after installation.

From the looks of it, you're blaming the company for something that was clearly spelled out.
Props
CAN Level 2 | All posts
Driver8666 posted on 2016/7/3 02:28
It's not a childish argument. It was in the Notes. Don't tell me you didn't read the notes. Before ...

Thank you Driver.  Yes the note s clearly stated that if you updated ota you could keep your users,  same way it said if you update ota you can keep asus email and asus calender.  But if you do a factory reset you'll lose them.  

You accepted the update meaning you therefore accepted the policy.  You can't blame anyone but yourself
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
Barracuda7772 posted on 2016/7/3 09:27
Thank you Driver.  Yes the note s clearly stated that if you updated ota you could keep your users ...

I did the OTA a couple of hours ago. I mainly use the ZE551ML, but the only issue I had was connecting to WiFi after the update. A restart solved that problem.
Props
I know it's been a while (seems thread notification dosen't work), but you just repeat the argument that a warning excuses "bad behavior".  So I repeat that I disagree but either way that is irrelevant.  The point is that I still want the feature back.  I now have 2 reasons for wanting multiple users.  (Yes I could downgrade, but I also have reasons to want M.)
Props
Last edited by moo.marc on 2016/8/5 05:16

(sorry, mis posted; don't know how to delete)
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm