Release Note
ZenTalk

12Next

[Replied] [Signal/ Connection] Signal is getting displayed but unable to make or receive calls

3629 12
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
joby IND Level 3 | All posts
ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE550KL
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_1.17.40.1234_20160304
Frequency of Occurrence: A
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: signal
Screenshot: -
Hello Guys,

I am having zenfone 2 laser ZE550KL ,2GB ROM,16 GB model phone.I was having WW_1.16 version.Suddenly from yesterday evening my phone is not able to make a call or receive a call.When dialing a number  single beep sound comes and when called from another number to my number says not reachable.Now I upgraded to latest version that is WW_1.17.40.1234_20160304 version.Even then same issue is encountered.However signal is showing full and sim is working fine from other phone.Requesting for a work around in this issue at the earliest.

Thanks in advance,
Joby

Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
contact the service provider
Check using other sim or use same sim on other device
Props
IND Level 6 | All posts
Ok
did you try to send text msg. ?
Props
try sim card test in smmi test
Props
IND Level 6 | All posts
Clearly it's a software bug. This bug may occurs both on incoming or out-coming call but randomly even after a bunch of regular calls.

***Temporary Solution/Workaround:
Switch to loudspeaker mode and lower down the volume.

OR  

***Update the device to latest firmware. (WW_1.17.40.1531_20160428) is available.

After update do wipe cache partition.(simply reboot the device and press & hold volume low (-) button.

you can follow below steps during make a call:

1. Switch on speakerphone (loud mode) the microphone turns to works regular. Switching again on normal mode the microphone turns mute. An so on.

2. do enabled Call recording.(fixed it by turning on Call recording)

3. diabled "OK, Google" since that is using mic as a resource

And This is how to check hardware failure:

Go to Calculator=>type " .12345+= "
you will be entered to SMMI_TEST
Select all or one by one option to test the hardware Or Select BoardMic_Test=>Press Start to check

There should be a beep and automatic playback which would verify your microphone issue.

If test fails, take it to Asus care center.

Thanks
minix
Props
IND Level 4 | All posts
Please update your device to latest firmware
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hello joby,

Your device firmware version is not on the latest one make sure you update & wipe cache partiton from recovery.

For Mobile Network issue try these steps :

1. Contact network provider to check if the place where you stay has no signal of mobile network.
2. Enable Airplane mode for 5 seconds and disable it in Settings =>More.
3. Reboot your phone.
4. Access Safe Mode by long pressing power key => tapping and holding Power Off => tapping OK. If your phone works well in Safe Mode, there may be some 3rd apps that cause malfunction. Please reboot your phone and check again if it works well.
Props
Hi Guys,

Today after using the zenfone 2 laser phone for almost two months I got too much frustrated as outgoing and incoming calls are not going normally.Even after doing phone upgrade,SMMI test, safe mode, wiping cache partition still the issue exists .This issue is highly inconsistent as if you want to call some one need to dial the number around 4-5 times to get.If i am lucky will get the call else need to keep trying.Also incoming too is highly inconsistent. Now feel why I bought this phone.From day one started my head ache .One after other problems.Too much upgrades and too much problems. Me very much dissappointed here after using zenfone 2 laser.Though the phone has too much feature same way got too much issues.Really unhappy on having asus phone.

Now new problem, In notification bar a new notification is getting displayed . Shape is of a magic stick like with a message saying "Get apps you will love".Tap to get started. But I dont want this but again and again this notification is showing .Dont know for this what I need to do..

I had used many other company's phone but like this daily issues I never faced.Also my usage is very limited .Calls and whatsapp.No other app I have installed but facing many problems ...  
Props
joby posted on 2016/5/25 20:03
Hi Guys,

Today after using the zenfone 2 laser phone for almost two months I got too much frustrate ...

the notification is from zenchoice app
disable it from preferences
Props
Yes now the magic stick notification bar issue is resolved.But what about the main problem of calling and receiving calls.Will there be any fix or any work around for it ?

Kindly give the reply
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm