Release Note
ZenTalk

[Chat] Unable to Unlock bootloader

2314 7
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
I tried to unlock my bootloader using the official app but failed. The app gives me an error saying that Network Error. Please can someone help me on how to unlock my bootloader?
Props
AUS Level 2 | All posts
Do you have Wi-Fi or cellular data turned on?  The unlocker app must be able to contact Asus or it won't work.
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hello santanuhbkdey,

You will not get updates via OTA if you unlock bootloader, It's better if you keep your bootloader locked, your warranty will be void as soon as you unlock the bootloader. It does not necessarily mean that you are rooted, bootloader can be unlocked without rooting but the processes go side by side. You will not get any benefit if you unlock bootloader and do not root.

This thread is shifted to Fan Chat Section
Props
CHN Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by AZVW_2 on 2016/6/20 22:16

But some of users like to unlock theirs, don't want OTA updates. The Unlock tool for A400CG NEVER WORKS, always says "An unknown error occurs, which may be a network connection issue". (My device's motherboard have NOT CHANGED, and even tried to DOWNGRADE to V6.6.3 firnware, so my data LOST)!!! Even on XDA have no threads about manually unlock (but there already have methods for ZenFone 5, 6). So when ASUS will Fix, can ASUS MAKE SURE this tool WORKS ANYTIME?
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Mate you should also add information about Phone. So that moderators can help you.
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
ARP_ASUS posted on 2016/3/21 15:24
Hello santanuhbkdey,

You will not get updates via OTA if you unlock bootloader, It's better if you  ...

Hi mr.ARP_ASUS , me too facing the same problem. IT shows" An unknown error occurs, which may be a network issue" on bootloader unlock tool. Help me to resolve this issue.

My device model :ze500kl
Screenshot_20171124-083514.jpg
Props
CAN Level 1 | All posts
I am also facing the same problem an unknown error occurred check network connectivity
I know my network is good
Props
USA Level 2 | All posts
(I am also facing the same problem an unknown error occurred check network connectivityI know my network is good) 
Yes bro I'm also facing same trouble. What I do my device become useless.
Props

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm