Model: -
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: WW 1.17.40.1234 20160304
Frequency of Occurrence: 1.5 GHz
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: Widgets
Screenshot: -
Last edited by GRB on 2016/3/15 16:16

Widgets no longer update automatically. Widget Clock no longer runs.  Battery Status Widget does not up date either.  From googleing this issue it seems to occur very often to many Lollipop users, on a a variety of phones, but not to all of the them.  Again it appears to be random flukey behavior.  I'm honestly looking for an alternative to Android. It just doesn't cut it.  Notice the time on the widget clock is different from the system time on the status bar.  Battery is only slighlty off, but it moves more slowly than the time in any case.  A smart phone that can't even keep time.  What a joke!

Screenshot_2016-03-15-11-08-01.jpg
Props
GRB USA Level 2 | All posts
Last edited by GRB on 2016/3/17 12:17

I changed out Beautiful Widgets for another clock that seems to work at the present time.  (No pun intended)  I also uninstalled Battery Monitor Pro whisch wasn't working eaither, as the new clock includes a Battery Monitor among many other things.  Apparently there are many older Apps that don't work properly with Lollipop; at least tha's what some Youtube pundits claim, and that appears to be my experience.
Screenshot_2016-03-17-07-16-05.jpg
Props
GRB posted on 2016/3/18 01:13
I changed out Beautiful Widgets for another clock that seems to work at the present time.  (No pun i ...

Hello GRB
We can not guarantee that every third party apps and widgets will work on our phone. if you find any third party widgets that you like but malfunction, it is advised to contact the developer for further assistance , thank you.
Props
Last edited by GRB on 2016/3/18 12:40
bill2_chang_ASUS posted on 2016/3/17 21:08
Hello GRB
We can not guarantee that every third party apps and widgets will work on our phone. if  ...

Yeah, but in the beginning Beauiful WIdgets and Battery Monitor Pro did work, then later on they didn't.   The question is why.  RIght now I still have the issue of TTS not working properly and the fact that my lock screen cannot be disabled in the same way that yours can.  There are obviously serious software issues the the Asus Zenfone Laser.  I suggest offering a phone with the lightest software package possible and then providing a list of Asusware that can be optionally installed one by one by the end user.  In my opinion this would provide more potential to figure out what might be the reason for the various problems.  As I mentioned before I do believe Google itself is responsible for many of the ills.
Props
GRB posted on 2016/3/19 01:36
Yeah, but in the beginning Beauiful WIdgets and Battery Monitor Pro did work, then later on they d ...

Hello GRB
Apperently, there is a possibility that other third party apps install in the phone could interrupt with the widgets you installed. You can however create a new user account in your phone and test it out without altering your original setup.
Thank you.
Props
Last edited by GRB on 2016/3/23 20:16
bill2_chang_ASUS posted on 2016/3/23 01:17
Hello GRB
Apperently, there is a possibility that other third party apps install in the phone coul ...

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'd rather TTS worked as it should, and that I didn't have to reboot the phone to get notifications to go away.   I'm waiting for Marshmallow in the hopes that it may bring about improvement.  Apparently there are a lot of issues with Lollipop.  As for the ASUS apps, as I've indicated before, I have no idea if they are improving the operation of the phone or just cloging it up.  I've looked into buying a Cyanagenmod phone, but they are about $100.00 more and don't really have the hardware features of the ASUS.  I would love my ASUS Zenfone if the operation ot the software was up to speed.  It would be a great bang for the buck.  That not being the case,  I'm not sure what can be done.  So far rooting my phone doesn't seem to be much of an option as the Zenfone is not seen by the ADB on my Linux system ( running on a $200.00 ASUS laptop sold by Micro$oft).  I'm rather sour about so called technology in general.  User friendliness really hasn't improved much over the years.  Just to reiterate, the most ridiculous aspect of the phone is the way Google has screwed over the ability to easily address the Micro SD card in the way end users would want.  Can you speak to the ASUS software engineers about the need for easy to use functionality? There seems to be more of a movement towards dysfunctional over complexity.  It's really not benefiting end users.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm