RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_1.16.40.763_20151201
Frequency of Occurrence: NA
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: LockScreen
Screenshot: -
Hi,

I have this in my Settings->Display->Sleep: After 1 minute of inactivity
And in Settings->Lock Screen->Automatically lock: 10 minutes after sleep.

This should mean that after 1 minute, my screen goes blank and 10 minutes after that, my phone should lock. This works as expected for the regular user. I also have a snapview account setup, with the same Display and LockScreen settings. When I'm in the Snapview, my screen always locks immediately on Sleep. It doesn't respect the "10 minutes after sleep" setting. This is a bug.
Props
Hello ksatish
The issue you reported is actually a feature to protect your data from anyone else accessing it since you can only access to it by the unique unlock method setup by you. So it will ignore the lock screen setup and lock immediately when entering sleep. All Asus phone which can setup Snapview mode behaves this way.
If you would like to suggest this as an improvement to our RD team
please feel free to post your needs in the "Idea for next" section, at the following:
http://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=46
Posts in that section will be highly considered by our team
Thank you for your feedback and have a nice day
Props
ksatish USA Level 1 | All posts
bill2_chang_ASUS posted on 2016/2/5 02:07
Hello ksatish
The issue you reported is actually a feature to protect your data from anyone else acc ...

Thank you for your reply. I did think it might be an intentional feature. However, I believe that level of security is unnecessary and causes more trouble than it's worth. The only way to keep my snapview open for a significant amount of time is to make the time before sleep very long. If snapview respected the timeout delay, I believe that the "lock immediately if power button is pressed" will take care of any security concerns.

I'll follow your suggestion and post in the section that you suggested.

Thanks you
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
ksatish posted on 2016/2/8 13:49
Thank you for your reply. I did think it might be an intentional feature. However, I believe that  ...

Whatever settings that are in the phone that you set as in the "Power Button Locks Screen" mode will override any and all apps individual settings. This is done as a security measure. For me I have my ZE551ML set for "Sleep After 5 Minutes", but immediately when it goes to sleep the screenlock is activated as if I pressed the power button. Nothing to fear here. It's not a bug.
Props
ksatish USA Level 1 | All posts
Perhaps it's not a bug. However, I do not see that as an essential feature. What's the purpose of having a "lock screen <x> minutes after sleep", when whatever value that you specify for <x> isn't respected? Would you feel the same way about it not being a bug, if the "Sleep After 5 minutes" worked the same way? Suppose your phone went to sleep immediately the very second you lift your finger - irrespective of the fact that you want it to sleep only after 5 minutes? And someone told you that it's not a bug but a feature for your security!!!

I feel the same way about the lockscreen timeout. That timeout is there for a specific purpose. Just because my screen blacks out doesn't mean that it should lock immediately. It should lock after the lockscreen timeout. That's the purpose of that setting. For someone like you who feels that it makes your phone insecure, you can set that timeout to zero. For someone like me that'd like to have a reasonable time period before the phone locks, I'd be able to set it to what I want. Enabling the lockscreen timeout setting would give both of us what we want - you set it to 0 minutes and I set it to maybe 5 minutes. What's wrong with that? How'd that reduce your phone security?

I don't want to change my sleep time to a large number because the screen would then be on all the time and the display is one of the heaviest battery consumers.

Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm