Release Note
ZenTalk

[Read] [System] New System Update Available

3309 15
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Veerasathish IND Beta Tester | All posts
skyethur posted on 2015/12/15 10:39
My phone with the new update constantly rebooting by itself they mess up with all the goodies from p ...

Hi skyethur,

Did you wipe cache partition after recent update?

>After every system update wipe cache partition or perform factory rest.

>Update all apps from play store
Props
Last edited by matt.edward.jones on 2015/12/16 11:50

Was able to perform upgrade to V1.15.40.639 by manually loading via USB (system update did not detect an available OTA update).

But my device does not react to placing V1.16.40.763 zip via USB. System update OTA does not trigger an update either. Any ideas?

When forcing the update, I too get the error message that this is for z00l and not for z00t.

I've tried simple things like rebooting, restoring factory settings, wiping cache...

Props
USA Level 2 | All posts
Veerasathish posted on 2015/12/14 10:51
Hi Gamilus,

Please visit here  Visit Here

Thanks for the link Veerasathish (mind if I shorten to Veer?)

I noticed that it starts with a disclaimer that Lollipop was known for having a memory bug. I hadn't encountered it on my GS4 running the same Android version. Perhaps Samsung managed to squash it in their builds.

I went through several pages of the author's suggestions. I'd already done most of the things listed, Including using the Auto-start manager to deny everything except Gmail, Hangouts, calendar, Launcher, DSub, android wear, and Semper. These are all apps which I've been using for months, if not years. I'm very familiar with their performance and coming from a device with less RAM, never had a problem with memory usage.

The one suggestion I hadn't already done was to disable animations. Which doesn't help the camera app when low on memory. the app sometimes will sit there for 2-3 seconds with the UI overlays in place over a black screen. I understand the camera hardware has to be initialized, but that's a bit long

Looking forward to that Marshmallow build whenever it comes.
Props
USA Level 4 | All posts
Veerasathish posted on 2015/12/15 01:18
Hi skyethur,

Did you wipe cache partition after recent update?

yes i did delete the cache and all that.. I noticed it when my phone is in my pocket or purse when i picked it up it's restarting i presume when the phone feels warm will reboot the phone i dont know. i bought this phone 2 weeks ago.
Props
Gamilus posted on 2015/12/16 23:47
Thanks for the link Veerasathish (mind if I shorten to Veer?)

I noticed that it starts with a dis ...

Why not Call Veera (short name)

Android M time frame will be announced very soon
Props
skyethur posted on 2015/12/17 12:36
yes i did delete the cache and all that.. I noticed it when my phone is in my pocket or purse when ...

Perform factory rest... your problem will solved
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm