ZenTalk

12Next

[Share] [Howto] Prevent APPs from keeping the device from wakening/remain awake

19828 15
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
IceWM TWN Level 5 | All posts
Last edited by IceWM on 2015/12/1 14:33

If APPs are remaining active in the background, even when they are closed, they will keep the system busy and prevent that the CPU can throttle down. This causes less battery life and depending on the APP the used amount of transferred data increases without any active usage of the user.

The battery statistics and the listed APPs are a first reference point.Here you find a list with the top battery consuming APPs and services.
Android System and Android OS are directly or indirectly related to the activities of the active APPs.

First you can do is to activate the Detect battery draining APPs option in the battery menu.

If you tap on an APP in the list you get some statistical information about the activities of the APP.

In the Power management section of the screen you find 2 options to optimise the behaviour of a single APP.
The APP showed in the screenshot is well behaving and gives no reason for further actions but other APPs are not behaving that well and need some manual action by the user.

With the 2 options Prevent the device from awakening and Prevent the device from remaining awake you can control the behaviour of the APP if the phone is in standby mode.
Prevent the device from awakening : Use this option to prevent that an APP can wake up the phone if the APP isn't reliant on notifications or you don't need the notifications just in time.
Prevent the device from remaining awake: Use this option to prevent that an APP keeps the device awake, even if it isn't still necessary for the APP to keep the phone active. This option is good for messengers and other social media APPs which are providing just in time notifications.

I hope this short Howto might be useful for someone.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

This post contains more resources..

You need to login to download attachments. No account?Register Now

x

Rate

Participants 1ZenCredit +5 Hide Reason
ZenTalk_FAQ + 5 Awesome!! / Mind Blowing!!

View rating log

Props
MYS Level 6 | All posts
Great info, especially for Zenfone 2 users.

Actually Zenfone first generation (for Zenfone 5 and 6 with 3.24.40.78 firmware) also useful which can disable ZenUI apps that will save some battery plus the thread above, I'm sure the battery life will managed better.
Props
Ng Kok Yu posted on 2015/12/1 17:55
Great info, especially for Zenfone 2 users.

Actually Zenfone first generation (for Zenfone 5 and 6  ...

Thank you and thanks for the like @Ng Kok Yu

It works great on my both Zenfones and it shows that there is a way to safe some battery without additional APPs.
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Thank... I'll disable most of the apps that i dont use frequently
prevent device to wake from sleep is a nice idea

I'll start saving battery right away
Props
frankdsouza55 posted on 2015/12/2 18:24
Thank... I'll disable most of the apps that i dont use frequently
prevent device to wake from sleep  ...

You are welcome @frankdsouza55

I guess that many users doesn't know about this - a bit hidden - feature.

In the Power Usage Chart (tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner) you find a more detailed list of APPs.

Happy battery saving

This post contains more resources..

You need to login to download attachments. No account?Register Now

x
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
IceWM posted on 2015/12/2 15:36
You are welcome @frankdsouza55

I guess that many users doesn't know about this - a bit hidden - ...

yeah i didn't notice it earlier
thanks
Props
MYS Beta Tester | All posts
frankdsouza55 posted on 2015/12/2 18:58
yeah i didn't notice it earlier
thanks

Just make sure u just prevent awake from awake tab n prevent from keep awake from 'keep awake background' tab.
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Very helpful info!! Hope to see more sharing!!
Props
Mandy_ASUS posted on 2015/12/3 10:10
Very helpful info!! Hope to see more sharing!!

Thank you Mandy_ASUS

Sure, if I have some time and a good topic I will share it with the ZenTalk community.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Props
PHL Level 3 | All posts
thanks for the tips.. it will help other members to improved their battery life..
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm