ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: -
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_1.12.40.382_20150907
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Hi, I've just received my Zenfone Selfie ZD551KL, its a rather wonderful phone I must say.
However, I am experiencing very very weak wifi signals.

Test scenario 1: In the room, with a 2.4Ghz repeater, the signal bar will only show 1 bar, at times it will drop to 0.
3 Other phones (Samsung Galaxy Note2, Xiaomi Redmi Note, Samsung Galaxy S3) in the exact same location will all show full strength.
Only if I move the Selfie directly in front of the repeater/router, will there be 3 bars of signal strength.

Test scenario 2: In the living room, with a 2.4Ghz / 5Ghz router, the signal bar will only show 2 bar, at times it will drop to 1.
The above 3 other phones will maintain the full strength of the signal.
Only if I move the Selfie directly in front of the repeater/router, will there be 3 bars of signal strength.

Test scenario 3: In another wide open space, 3 Metres in front of a 2.4Ghz/5Ghz repeater, it will only connect to the 2.4Ghz band at 1 bar, it does not even detech the 5Ghz signal at all. The above 3 phones will connect to the 2.4Ghz band at full strength (they do not support 5Ghz I suppose).

Have tried resetting all routers, using 1 band 2.4Ghz/5Ghz, different channels..etc, but nothing works.

My firmware version is WW_1.12.40.382_20150907
Wifi version is CNSS-PR-2-0-1-1-c1-1-00001

Are there any solutions to this? I like this phone (4G/LTE is very fast) but the wifi is absurd.

Thanks and best regards
MT

Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi marcuster1218~

PLEASE enter safe mode and check if the problem persists:

http://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3105

if problem remains in safe mode, i would suggest you go to local service center for a check on your device:

http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

Props
MYS Level 2 | All posts
That's fast FYJ.

Wifi works fine for me, more or less the same signal strength as other phones.
Props
marcuster1218 SGP Level 1 | All posts
Hi, problem solved.
Brought it to the service centre to exchange for a new unit, fault lies with the wifi antennae.
Thankfully, now the signal strength is on par with the other phones.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm