1234Next

[Share] Locate your Zenfone wherever

41265 31
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
zuzaki PHL Level 5 | All posts
Last edited by zuzaki on 2015/11/14 21:44

Hi Guys Good day to all!

This tips that I will share to you guys might be helpful to you guys!

Have you left your Zenfone on your house and you couldn't find it?
This might help:

1.) Data & Location On - It can help you find it where you left it in your house.

2.) GPS Technology - It can help you locate the device and also offers powerful ability to change your passwords and even wipe the entire phone.

The above features will notbe useful if you don't set it up properly, here's the steps on how can you set up your Zenfone.

1.) Make sure Location is turned on

Screenshot_2015-09-03-13-00-30.jpg

2.) Google account and signed it to your Zenfone

3.) Open "Google Settings" > "Security" activate "Remote locate this device" and "Allow remote lock and erase" and press "Activate"

Screenshot_2015-09-03-12-25-32.jpg

Screenshot_2015-09-03-12-26-09.jpg

Screenshot_2015-09-03-12-26-36.jpg

4.) Open www.google.com/adroid/devicemanager from PC or Laptop, you will see your Zenfone is availabler (Zenfone 5 for me). You will see 3 (three) options there the Ring, Lock, and Erase. By clicking "Ring" your phone will Rang in 5 minutes. Clicking "Lock" you will be set up a new PIN or password on your phone, even if you dont have a security lock before.

google-android-devmgr.PNG

google-android-devmgr 1.PNG

google-android-devmgr 2.PNG

google-android-devmgr 3.PNG

google-android-devmgr 4.PNG

5.) If you lost or suspected your phone was stolen, the easiest way to do is immediately lock it with a strong password on the web interface (www.google.com/android/devicemanager). Once you have assess the situation and found out that your phone has been stolen, then you can choose either Lock or Erase options.

There you have it guys! I hope you find this thread informative.

Props
PHL Level 5 | All posts
This has been useful to me. I have turned my phone into Silent Mode that is why I am unable to locate it. Good thing that I have read that Google can ring your phone even if it is on Silent Mode. Fortunately, my phone is just in my house.
Props
optimalgurl posted on 2015/9/3 13:48
This has been useful to me. I have turned my phone into Silent Mode that is why I am unable to locat ...

Google can rang your Zenfone into Volume 5. Good to know you found your phone
Props
PHL Level 5 | All posts
zuzaki posted on 2015/9/3 14:43
Google can rang your Zenfone into Volume 5. Good to know you found your phone

Yeah. It nearly gave me a heart attack. The remote lock and erase feature is new to me. Thanks!
Props
optimalgurl posted on 2015/9/3 14:59
Yeah. It nearly gave me a heart attack. The remote lock and erase feature is new to me. Thanks!

HAHA.. thanks for sharing of your experience!
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
I tried this when my phone was stolen. Unfortunately, since my phone wasn't connected to the Internet by that time, i wasn't able to locate it. So i used the erase option to wipe all my data in the Phone. I hope they'll make an app where,when you realized that your phone was stolen, aside from erasing all the data, it will render useless too, meaning they won't be able to open it or access it even with the use of any software available for hacking or whatever
Props
Last edited by zuzaki on 2015/9/4 10:15
jovel posted on 2015/9/3 22:25
I tried this when my phone was stolen. Unfortunately, since my phone wasn't connected to the Interne ...

Hi Jovel, thanks for sharing your experience. I hope that all of your data in your phone are deleted.

I think there's an app called TARA by Jun Lozada here in the PH. for your reference : https://www.techinasia.com/phili ... ntitheft-app-users/

Props
PHL Level 7 | All posts
I have experience the same jovel.
My zenfone 5 before was stolen and i trieNd to use device manager(location on) to erase all of data, i hope it works even my phone is not connected on internet.
I tried also locate my device using those features in device manager but sad its not working.
Complete address , important banking account number, multiple social accounts everything important all of that save in my stolen zenfone 5. So bad!
Props
Last edited by zuzaki on 2015/9/5 09:39
Tan Lee posted on 2015/9/5 08:37
I have experience the same jovel.
My zenfone 5 before was stolen and i trieNd to use device manager( ...

So sad dude! Well here in PH many of them (robbers/snatchers) dont know how to extract files or data stored in our snartphones. When they get it they will go to their friends to restore factory settings to look it new and sell it. Unlike, hackers they will extract it from minor to deepest data/file of yours! Right? Only in the PH huh? LOL!

Btw, Sir Tan thanks for the share! We hope that your data and credentials are erased by this kind of methods provided.

Morning guys!
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
is zenfone 2 has a manual restoration? or force reset? (not sure about the exact call)
Props
1234Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm