[Replied] [System] BIOS UPDATE WENT WRONG

2044 18
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
FRA Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by sierzant on 2019/6/8 01:39

« […] repair it for a cheap price […] »

Hi the_one_tom4z,

You don’t have to pay anything ! This is a erratic DESTRUCTIVE update!

As you can see here : http://archive.is/https://www.as ... 51JK/HelpDesk_BIOS/   ASUS‍ urgently removed it!

And as this destruction of your PC comes from an ASUS error : under warranty or not, is not the problem. Here it is somehow ASUS’s insurance that will pay.

So you just need to inquire with your local ASUS center by the URL indicate by blake_ASUS. This fault will be repaired free of charge by ASUS:

Case 1) Either in a approval ASUS ’s authorized repair center near you,
Case 2) Either ASUS will give you a return voucher to print to send  your broken PC for free to their repair services.

( I Think the « on-site warranty » is not concerned here, too expensive… )

Edit: I just got an answer from ASUS, they said the same thing again:

- Either to do F2 at startup (impossible to do because the password is requested before even load the bios or any hardware driver)
- Either to do a Power Off for 30 seconds without battery or charger (which is useless because the bios is written in EEPROM)

I think it's robots that respond to my contacts and not humans ...

Update : Tried to reset jrst2001 and/or jrst2002 with/without CMOS Battery in everything possible configuration ( https://www.google.fr/search?q=jrst2001+jrst2002 ) and… Nothing !!‍ Always this f*****g password…

Update 2 :
ASUS did a really bad thing…
The problem seem not to be only about our N751JK !!
See here : ASUS N550JK - BIOS Requires Password After BIOS Update
Props
FRA Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by sierzant on 2019/6/7 16:26

Here enclosed the wrong 206 bios version if someone car reverse-binary-dump-engineering the password from it !
Or here if attachment fail ➜ https://www.mediafire.com/file/p1gspo1x4zwmj5u/N751JKAS.206/file

WARNING !! Do not flash it of courses !!

N751JKAS206.zip

2.33 MB, Downloads: 10

N751JKAS206 bios for N751JK

Props
FRA Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by sierzant on 2019/6/12 08:38

Hail to kaymakf our divinity and Vinerious our Messiah ! They are highly favored ! The Lord is with then !

HERE THE SOLUTION :

I used the same method as here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/bvrhs4/n550jk_bios_update_209_setted_up_automatic_bios/

It didn’t work at first try because my USB key was formatted in NTFS…

For the N751JK’s case it is therefore necessary:

1/ Format a USB key in FAT32,

2/ I don’t know which is the good file in the following list but I copied the BIOS version 205 available here, extracted it and I duplicated it in 8 copies:

N751JKAS.205 (original)
AMIBOOT.ROM
AMICAPUP.ROM
N550JK.BIN
N550JKAS.BIN
N751JK.BIN
N751JKAS.BIN
SUPER.ROM

I guess it's N751JK.BIN or N751JKAS.BIN you have to choose if your key is too small for everything...

3/ I hold [CTRL]   [HOME] for an English keyboard or [CTRL]   [Northwest Arrow] for a French keyboard and I connect the power   battery socket (power on your laptop if it not automatic switch on with the above’s key pushed)

4/ And voilà ! The bios is automatically flashed ...

However, I still will take a lawsuit against ASUS because why is Venerable kaymakf / Vinerious who finds us the solution?
ASUS could not tell us this procedure?

In short, my hate remains whole. I restore this PC and I sell it ASAP.

I will see with my Russian friends, for DDoS ASUS for several months with PetaOctets/s until they officialy communicate on this subject.

Props
ITA Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by daniele_77 on 2019/6/9 06:45

Same problem and not working with ctrl home... I hate Asus...in Italy they want to be payed for their fault. Never more Asus.

Errata corrige: WORKS!!!  FAT32 pendrive and n751jk.bin file. Push CTRL and HOME (the arrow with northwest directon) and power on the notebook. It starts the recovery bios and then  shut off. Used the 205 version.It takes some time to start the procedure. Then restart and push esc to enter the Bios and set your own settings if you have.
SmartSelect_20190609-074208_Video Player.jpg
Props
the_one_tom4z SVN Level 1 | All posts
Sadly didnt flashed it for me ... no keyboard shortcut is working.

Will try to input ALL THE CODES now
Props
the_one_tom4z SVN Level 1 | All posts
no code is working ... can someone maybe reverse-engineer the bios file and see if there is a code in it ?
Props
ITA Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by daniele_77 on 2019/6/10 04:52
the_one_tom4z posted on 2019/6/9 20:02
Sadly didnt flashed it for me ... no keyboard shortcut is working.

Will try to input ALL THE CODES ...

be sure to rename in the right way changing the file extension. so n751jk.bin and not n751jk.bin.rom. Don't use the 3.0 USB port on the left but the 2.0 and format in fat32. Then insert battery...USB...power cable....push ctrl home (both and continusly) and then the power button  (One time) and started the recovery for me. I used an old 4gb pen drive.
Props
JOR Level 1 | All posts
hello everyone , guys i have the same problem which almost gave me heart attack, long story short , follow the steps on this video and make sure to DOWNGRADE to the previous BIOS , the latest BIOS file is corrupted , i flashed it twice , same result its corrupted , good luck everyone , for real this video only worked out lol , i dont trust asus anymore ..

Here
Props
IND Level 5 | All posts
final_scene posted on 2019/6/10 23:16
hello everyone , guys i have the same problem which almost gave me heart attack, long story ...

get correct bios firmware from asus security team
write email to asus security team and get good bios file.
I have received new bios firmware through email for other model
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

Posts5 ZenCredit0 Points11 best answer0

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm