Release Note
ZenTalk

[Reported] [System] Why does the bootloader unlocking tool not work?

2819 7
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
zikamatej CZE Level 2 | All posts
ZenFone 3 Bug Report
Model: ZC520TL
RAM: 2GB
Firmware/App Version: WW_14.10.1708.58_20170814
Frequency of Occurrence: -
Rooted: No
App Name: -
Screenshot: -
Description: Why does the bootloader unlocking tool not work?
It just reboots the phone and nothing happens.
The bootloader unlocker from August 2nd on the Asus support site just reboots the phone and nothing else happens.
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi zikamatej,

Please inbox me device serial number(settings>about>status>serial number)

Thanks
Props
BRA Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by ukolino on 2017/9/7 18:50

Spoiler alert from the above post:

He will say that on "Asus server" your device is unlocked, ignoring whatsoever the inumerous posts informing them that the tool app doesnt work.
Asus, we are not idiots, if we tell you something,the least you can do is recognize your incompetence and release a fucking app, that DOES WORK, TEST IT before release!

And for fucking sake, communicate with each other, other moderator said that was reported as an error for the tech team. XDA is right, this forum is a helhole.

Obs: Proof that doesn't matter what "your servers" tells you Asus, i've used the app SEVERAL times, and this is what fastboot getvar all tells me, so stop the bullshiting and fix the app. Btw, my serial is H1AXB601T300A4G
bootloader.png
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2017/9/8 11:28
ukolino posted on 2017/9/8 00:32

Hi  ukolino and zikamatej,

Good day.
This coding error of "unlock: no", we will fix on the future update.
After checking your serial number with our tech team, your device is unlocked actually.

Thank you.

Props
zikamatej CZE Level 2 | All posts
ukolino posted on 2017/9/7 17:32

You are right, I know ASUS has reall shitty support. And I know they have hundreds of requests to fix the tool, I thought maybe the more requests, maybe they would do something about it. And yeah, they are slow and useless...
Props
PRT Level 1 | All posts
Can I check if my device is unlocked?

Android 7.0
ASUS_X008_1
Serial No H5AXGY09K937N5N
Props
CAN Level 2 | All posts
What is the reliable way to determine on the *phone* whether it is unlocked?  I have run the Asus tool, but have seen no evidence on my phone that it has an unlocked bootloader.  I suspect that the tool reported back to the Asus server that it has been run, so the Asus server might record the status as "unlocked" but how do we really know that the procedure was successful and the bootloader is really unlocked?  Especially after so many people have complained that the tool does not work.
Props
IDN Level 1 | All posts
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm