Release Note
ZenTalk

[Replied] [Signal/ Connection] Anyone else confirm Zenfone 2 Laser can connect to wifi @ 150 mbps ???

1106 5
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE551KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: MMB29P.WW_user_21.40.1220.2056_20170224
Frequency of Occurrence: 2.4 Ghz
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: NA
Screenshot: -
Can anyone else confirm their zenfone 2 laser handset can connect to wifi at 150 mbps??

Latest FW w/ factory image here and my handset will only connect at 72mbps no what router I connect to.  All of my other handsets even my really cheap $40 handsets connect at either 150mbps or 300mbps.

I understand what a 75mbps connection infers...that the device is connecting with 1 antenna @ 20mhz width while a 150mbps connection infers a device is connecting with 1 antenna @ 40mhz channel width.  300mbps is 2 antennas @ 40mhz channel width.

I'm convinced this is a firmware problem and not a chip problem given Asus L1 & L2 phone support affirms this handset has only 1 antenna.  They just setup an RMA.  I doubt it will fix the problem given the commentary here.

www.amazon.com/review/R3UM4WNE4P0O80

If I mail in my handset to Asus RMA center and 3-4 weeks from now I receive back another 75mbps wifi limited unit  work then what is Asus policy for repeat non-fixes??

Props
Hello Crafter_Laughter
Thank you for your inquiry. Can you tell me where did you see or acknowledge that this is a firmware problem? I'll pass your concern to our related personnel to check and resolve, thank you
Props
CCK Level 1 | All posts
Hi, WiFi in my ZE551KL no works. When I try to reboot, the phone no fixed the problem and stay reboot and reboot.

I reset the cache, but nothing works. The final solution will be the hard reset?
Props
dag.biblio posted on 2017/6/13 10:47
Hi, WiFi in my ZE551KL no works. When I try to reboot, the phone no fixed the problem and stay reboo ...

Hello dag.biblio
Please try a hard reset.
If the issue persist, I would suggest to send the phone to your nearest repair center for check ups
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Thank you~~
Props
CCK Level 1 | All posts
bill2_chang_ASUS posted on 2017/6/15 14:43
Hello dag.biblio
Please try a hard reset.
If the issue persist, I would suggest to send the phone  ...

I did it, but after hard reset the phone begin the new configuration and when arrive to configurate wifi (4th screen) again reboot and reboot.
Props
dag.biblio posted on 2017/6/17 08:44
I did it, but after hard reset the phone begin the new configuration and when arrive to configurat ...

Hello dag.biblio
I would suggest to send the phone to your nearest repair center for check ups
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Thank you~~
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm