Release Note
ZenTalk

12Next

[Signal/ Connection] cannot do outgoing call

13332 10
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
joannalym SGP Level 1 | All posts
I am from Singapore. My zenfone 2 cannot do outgoing calls. It takes 4 min to get connected. Terrible. Someone please help!
It is not telecomm issue.

Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Hello!
Please clear partition cache and reconfirm.
Steps to wipe partition cache:
1. Switch off the phone by pressing the power button. It will show menu option to turn power off.
2. Press and hold power + volume up button . After it buzzes/vibrates ,then leave the buttons.
3. It will boot into bootloader mode. You will get option to select Recovery mode by using the Volume rockers. Select it by using the power button.
4. Then the phone will reboot and show error written with Android icon lying belly up. When you see that press and hold power button and press and release volume up button.
5. It will enter the recovery mode successfully and show several options.
6. You will get option to wipe partition cache. Use the volume rockers to move to that option.Select it by pressing the power button.It may take 10 mins to wipe it fully.
7. It will come back to the menu . Select reboot after that.

Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
I think this is your service provider's problem. Please check by using SIM from different service provider.
Props
SGP Level 1 | All posts
I am using Zenfone 2. I can make an outgoing call. However, i need to wait for some time before there is a dail tone which resumably 'indicates' it is in the process of an outgoing call. I do not believe it is the service provider. I do not encounter such situation before the switch over.

Please advise.

Thank you.
Props
SGP Level 1 | All posts
I am with this problem, please provide solution. Pissed.
Props
USA Level 4 | All posts
Last edited by csosus on 2015/6/24 03:22

Same here,  at least 10 seconds before it connects and no one can hear me unless I use wired mic on headset.
EDIT

I finally got desperate enough and formatted....SAME ISSUE,...this is soo frustrating, I am going to contact AMAZON AGAIN,.letting them know AGAIN of the issue'S....to see if I can wait for one more Firmware update, if not..I AM DONE!
Props
SGP Level 1 | All posts
I've similar issue, can't make outgoing call. If you change your "Preferred network type" from 2G/3G/4G to 2G/3G, then you can make outgoing calls. Asus PLEASE fix this problem.
Props
SGP Level 1 | All posts
I'm having same issue started just one week after I have purchased this lousy phone. I reached service center twice but they don't have option for this rather than advice me to use only 3G network instead of 4G.

It is good stick into motherboard business if you do not know to make a phone.
Props
SGP Level 1 | All posts
Is a good and powerful phone, just that it cannot call. I told all my friends that.
Props
SGP Level 1 | All posts
Suggest we gather all the people using this phone and have the same problem. Together we write a email to asus. If they can't solve, they should recall the phone.
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm