Release Note
ZenTalk

[Resolved] [Signal/ Connection] Zenfone 2 bought in India is not working in South korea

1759 1
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE550ML
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: ZE550ML_ WW_2.20.40.149
Frequency of Occurrence: 2100
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Hi Zen Masters,

I bought above mentioned Zenfone 2 (ze550ml) in india. Now i am in south korea, seoul. I bought south korean matrix sim back in india. But the sim is now not able to register to korean network.

In the phone dual sim settings, i can see that, it was able to recognise service( k t service, matrix sim uses k t network). But it is not able to connect to network. So there is no signal. If i manually try to check the network, it doesnot detect any.
I can see that zenfone 2 supported band are also supported by k t network. So i dont understand why its not working. Should i use some other firmware, please help
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
   This reply is the best answer.   
Last edited by koushikhalder on 2016/5/29 00:01

Apparently, I am thinking that the problem is in your SIM. Your Operator is not Authenticating you.
To get a clear picture, kindly do the test as follows:
01. First try to inspect whether your service provider is CDMA or GSM Service Provider. If it is CDMA Service Provider, you forget about to use your ASUS Mobile. If not then insert your SIM into another Mobile and see whether you are authenticated or not to access the same Mobile Network. If you get the signal then you are authenticated. If you don't get, then contact your Mobile Service Provider for SIM Authentication or SIM Replacement. In other way you can cross check it by inserting another working SIM Card of the same service provider into your ASUS Handset and see whether you getting signal or not.
02. If you don't get any signal using you SIM and another SIM from the same service provider, then definitely the problem is in your Handset. So you have to visit ASUS Service Center.
Props Helpful 0
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm