Release Note
ZenTalk

12Next

[Replied] [System] Phone Shows Big red Rectangle in the center of screen before going in Bootloop

5019 18
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
kumarpankaj117 IND Level 1 | All posts
ASUS 5 Bug Report
Model: ZC600KL
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: 3.24.40.87
Frequency of Occurrence: Since Last 3 Days
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: System
Screenshot:
Hi

My Asus Zenfone has been showing the big red rectangle and then afterwards is in boot loop since last 3 days.
Before this the phone started throwing random closing of apps and stoppage of services for which I booted the phone in the recovery to clean the cache.
After giving command for clearing the cache, the phone started throwing the error "E;failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument) then after ward when phone was shut down through power down option in the recovery menu. After a while when phone was started it started showing this eror of bootloop and has since remained the same.
The phone is charging as can be shown by green led light.It  is booting into bootloader and recovery. The phone is recognizable in ADB mode and Fastboot mode but when command for flashing the firmware is given it fails with the error "E;failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)".
Could anyone help me out there.
Thanks in advance

Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
see here how to repair damaged partitionsclick here
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi kumarpankaj,

Kindly visit the nearest Authorized Asus Service center
Click Here

Note: Try locating with the nearest Pin Code.

You need to get your motherboard replaced.
Props
vaibhavnarain11 posted on 2016/5/10 23:23
see here how to repair damaged partitionsclick here

Thanks for the answer. But I have a confusion, according to your link i.e. "forum.xda-developers.com/zenfone-5/help/config-factory-partition-backup-t3316469" and one of your post "www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=69104&extra=&page=1" dated 3/3/2016 the procedures are different. kindly clarify on which to follow. It will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Props
Last edited by vaibhavnarain11 on 2016/5/11 20:51
kumarpankaj117 posted on 2016/5/11 20:36
Thanks for the answer. But I have a confusion, according to your link i.e. "forum.xda-developers.c ...

really sorry bro,it was a mistake in attaching the link,i accidently merged the two link here is the new one
click here
my post is different becuase it will work if the partitions are working well.as you stated that u r getting partition errors the new link i gave just now will work.
thanks
Props
vaibhavnarain11 posted on 2016/5/11 20:19
really sorry bro,it was a mistake in attaching the link,i accidently merged the two link here is th ...

Such a prompt reply from ur side is really appreciated. Right now downloading the necessary files. Will give it a try tomorrow.
However I don't know whether my device boot loader is unlocked or not? However "ifwi version" says 59.a1. Any help on this matter is highly sought for.
thanks
Props
kumarpankaj117 posted on 2016/5/11 21:19
Such a prompt reply from ur side is really appreciated. Right now downloading the necessary files. ...

59.a1 is partially locked bootloader, u will get Ota updates but it will not be secure boot...
U remember my post on bootloop? Use the bootloader lock tool in the post, it will help..
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
hey try to flash it with asus flashtool and raw firmware. i think it will fix all the issues.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... ew?pref=2&pli=1
this is the link of 3.23.40.60 lollipop raw firmware.
http://www.asus-zenfone.com/2015 ... 14-for-windows.html
and its the link of flashtool it self.
Props
vaibhavnarain11 posted on 2016/5/11 21:20
59.a1 is partially locked bootloader, u will get Ota updates but it will not be secure boot...
U  ...

please find atached the log files of Cmd prompt while flashing as suggested. any help in this regard is very much needed.Regards

CMD LOG

CMD LOG
Props
kumarpankaj117 posted on 2016/5/12 20:15
please find atached the log files of Cmd prompt while flashing as suggested. any help in this rega ...

sorry bro,but i cant tell if any thing is wrong coz this method is not written by me..
BUT DID IT WORK?? HOW IS YOUR PHONE NOW??
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm