ZenTalk

12Next

[Experience Sharing] Beast gaming performance with Zenfone 5

9336 14
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Saurabhrck IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Last edited by Saurabhrck on 2015/4/7 16:10

This is my recent exxperience with zenfone 5 in the area of gaming! So I wanted to test how it can handle multiple  hd games at the same time. So I took 2 free games from playstore
1. GT racing 2
2. Modern Combat 5

Both the game has great grafix plus visual effects which need raw cpu and gpu power to render. Now being a heavy specs device zf5 can easily handle any game. But how does it perform in this test! Lets see

When no game was started, arround 1.4GB ram was free

Stated with Modern Combat 5

Ram free while starting 2nd game

Stated GT Racing 2

While Switching, Still free 758MB

In-between

At the end while Both were still running, still 721MB

So basically you can see how zf5 perform under extreme stress in ram/cpu/gpu aspect. Not a many device out there can deliver this type of performance! I can only imagine what is asus bringing with zf2! With this kind of amazing product with this level of os optimisation asus will be on top in no time!

Please Note that while this test was being caried out, facebook massenger and twitter was running in background! So available ram is combined of all background apps, not just the games!

Hats off asus! Keep on!

The biggest  zen fan yet.
Need a help?? feel free to drop by @
https://www.facebook.com/SaurabhRCK
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
I think gaming relies more on gpu on Zenfone 5 Power VR SGX 544MP 2 is realy powerful in rendering Graphics ..... Intel Atom Processors are weak as per many reviewers thats why Antutu benchmark shows this CPU-- Good....GPU--Excellent  
Props
namanmishra60 posted on 2015/4/7 16:17
I think gaming relies more on gpu on Zenfone 5 Power VR SGX 544MP 2 is realy powerful in rendering G ...

Intel cpu's are weak! LOL! Who says so?? If anyone says that he simply does not know the fact. Intel cpu is the only cpu that is hyper threaded, has 2x more resource in each core than any other. has 2-3x more bandwidth to handle data. yes gaming depends on gpu most but cpu is as important as  gpu at that time. you need to process instruction in game as well as rendering. Keep any of those weak will simply bottleneck the whole system and thus will introduce lag, shutter etc!
Props
zenfone 5 has 64bit ram and and a dual channel ram..and also has intel's main feature - hyper threading that increases performance
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
How did you get hold of modern combat 5? When I search for the same through my zf 5, this game does not show up in the list............this clearly means that the game is NOT compatible to the device. Please help.
Props
Nice share Saurabh. Zenfone 5 is truely a class apart.
Props
Toonster posted on 2015/4/9 13:47
Nice share Saurabh. Zenfone 5 is truely a class apart.

thnx! and its good to see you here!
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
antanisv posted on 2015/4/9 12:29
How did you get hold of modern combat 5? When I search for the same through my zf 5, this game does  ...

can saurabhrck please reply to my query? Thanks in advance.
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
I agree, ZF5 beats most phones to dust... It's real great only with Intel Atom hogging a lot of power, thats Intel's issue....
Props
antanisv posted on 2015/4/9 16:46
can saurabhrck please reply to my query? Thanks in advance.

As its free now, i pulled the apk and data from my oneplus one. and installed it manually
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm