ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: -
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: Latest
Frequency of Occurrence: 1.2Ghz
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: ZenCamera
Screenshot: -
I noticed this earlier but did not pay much attention at the time. However many times when capturing a picture, the display looks sufficiently bright and even the picture preview looks good, but the actual pictures turn out to be pretty dim. I can confirm that it is the images which are actually dim and not just the display. I've seen this issue without flash when in an environment which is not too bright, but not so dark as to show the "low light mode (owl)" icon. Asus please look into this. I have already wiped cache and installed latest updates. Thanks!

Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
   This reply is the best answer.   
hi wolverin
that's not a bug
open camera>settings at top left corner > scroll down and find SMART BRIGHTNESS
untick that

what smart brightness does is it makes your screen bright when you open camera app
If you want your photos to be brighter you can increase the exposure value

Props Helpful 0
wolverin IND Level 3 | All posts
Last edited by wolverin on 2015/11/10 22:03

hi frank, yes you're right. Thanks! This option is on by default and thus causes confusion. Asus should improve the camera to make the camera "what you see is what you get".
Props
I looked some more and noticed that the images show up dim only when you preview them for the first time. After that if you open them again later they appear brighter. Very strange.
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
For That You Can Increase your phone's Brightness
Props
The phone is on auto brightness mode. As I mentioned earlier the issue is not due to brightness of the display being less. It happens when you preview the pic for the first time. When you open it again the brightness is normal.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm