ZenFone 4 Bug Report
ZF Model: ZB520KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_15.2016.1907.519_2019621
Frequency of Occurrence: ZenUi Interface application crashed
Rooted: No
APP Name: ZenUi interface often crashes
Screenshot:
The ZenUi interface often crashes, that is, reboots. The problem is noticed when installing applications. It does not matter from the market, or from a memory card. A crash occurs when adding a new application icon to the desktop. This does not happen every time! I tried to install different versions of the launcher. Now I settled on the version: 5.0.1.49_180713. On this assembly, there are errors, but they appear less frequently. I tried to install Andorid 7. There was a 3 version of the launcher. There were no mistakes on her! According to my observations, the error appeared on the latest version of the update (519). In principle, the error is not critical, but it prevents the normal use of the smartphone!
Props
OTHERS Level 2 | All posts
Have you tried clearing the cache and/or data on the ZenUI Launcher itself?  There might be something corrupted in there.
Props
igbor07 RUS Level 2 | All posts
Hakemon posted on 2019/8/8 22:40
Have you tried clearing the cache and/or data on the ZenUI Launcher itself?  There might be somethin ...

Naturally! And more than once! I said - this happens after updating the system to .... 519
Props
Asus programmers overdid somewhere with the update. This problem is not only mine! I know another person with the same problem.
Props
I re-read your original post and didn't see you mentioning clearing data/cache, so I had to ask.  I'm only human, unfortunately I haven't mastered the ability to read mines (I wish though!).

I have yet to run into this issue, but it doesn't help that there's actually two different versions of zc520kl (some have 2GB of RAM like mine, some have 3GB like yours).

Maybe an Asus technician can pitch in what the difference is, and why some exhibit this behavior while others do not?  For now perhaps just using a different launcher entirely might be the best option, to prevent this from interrupting your workflow as a workaround until Asus does something about it.
Props
Yes, I didn’t write that I cleaned the application cache and erased data ... But that was the first thing I did! The problem has not disappeared. Therefore, you now see this post.
Props
UKR Level 1 | All posts
I have same problem with latest update 519. 3gb ver. 
Props
Asus read the topic? Today, after unlocking the screen, ZenUi againhas broken. Solve the problem!
Props
You'll want to just use a 3rd party launcher for the time being until they solve it.  I recommend Nova Launcher, it's far superior anyway (even the free version, in fact I'd just stick with the free version).
Props
Hakemon posted on 2019/8/12 19:10
You'll want to just use a 3rd party launcher for the time being until they solve it.  I recommend No ...

I tried it before. It's not a bad launcher.
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

Level 2
Posts68 ZenCredit0 Points137 best answer0

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm