1234567Next

[Replied] [System] Asus Zenfone 5 Cannot Connect USB Storage to PC

147037 65
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
PRT Level 1 | All posts
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Hi... issue is because of "wpdmtp" file being uninstalled or deleted from Windows OS.
1.So just go to "C:\Windows\INF" folder and inside it locate the file named "wpdmtp".
2. Right click on this file and select 'install/update' and once its done you can see the asus device mtp driver.
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
I have alternate solution. When installing driver for this, go to browse driver then pick from the list. Double click anything on the list. A list of MTP devices will appear given that "show compatible devices" is checked. Select MTP USB Device then install. Viola ! I hope this will help .
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
amit_itachi posted on 2016/11/5 02:49
Hi... issue is because of "wpdmtp" file being uninstalled or deleted from Windows OS.
1.So just go t ...

Thanks Amit, your solution worked instantly for me. I was struggling from last 1 hour
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
amit_itachi posted on 2016/11/5 05:49
1.So just go t ...

I tried doing the developer option trick but didn't work for me! BUT thanks to this trick my problem was solved!

Thanks so much, amit_itachi!
Props
FRB Level 1 | All posts
amit_itachi posted on 2016/11/5 05:49
1.So just go t ...

Thanks! That pretty much solved it for me! It's still not perfect, it's a bit buggy but I can get it to work most of the time. I takes a lot of fooling around with this tip and others, then disconnecting, reconnecting the phone, installing the Windows MTP driver as explained in some other posts. Doing all that, it now sort of works ok.
I had no real method, I just tried everything and when it worked fine, if not, I'll try something else.

Sometimes when reconnecting, it won't work the first time, I then change the mode to PTP and go back to MTP, and then it will work. Otherwise, it will work the first time. Go figure...
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
 debopriyobasu thank you had same problem but your solution worked...
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
debopriyobasu posted on 2015/8/17 18:51
1.connect your phone to pc via usb cable
2.go to device manager and there you will see android devic ...

Thank you your suggestion worked
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Same problem for me. The charging happens find. But I dont get the alert on the mobile for the 2 option - data transfer etc.
looks like the data cable or the socket of the mobile is worn out and not durable enough.
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts

Asus Zenfone 5 Cannot Connect USB Storage to PC

Last edited by kaye.dgn on 2017/7/9 15:38

JUST USE WIFI

Go to File Manager of phone
Go to Home
Go to PC File Transfer
Type into PC Browser the key address shown in phone
DONE.

Props
1234567Next