Release Note
ZenTalk

1234567Next

[Replied] [System] Asus Zenfone 5 Cannot Connect USB Storage to PC

147061 65
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
TUR Level 1 | All posts
I have same problem, there was no problem a week ago. How can I cache partition?
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
I have done, wiping cache partitioning and searched extensively for any resolution online. i have tried many options, but to no effect. The firmware has a bug, and to all "Dr. Zen"s, please don't tell to check with service center for USB hardware failure. If I count the people having the same issue, its highly unlikely that all the USB ports could be faulty at the same time and if such is the case, and USB ports are failing within one year of purchase, ASUS should reconsider the manufacturing of this product.

Either accept the bug in this firmware and try to fix it in next update or lose people's trust.
Props
HRV Level 2 | All posts
I have same problem. Once after charging the orange LED continued to lighten. Next time when I connected charger nothing happened, phone didn't charge.
There was no data connection to PC. Tried multiple cables/charges and PC-s. Phone charged only when turned off.
I think It could be USB port, because phone uses data pins on USB when connected on charger to detect charger. If data pins are damaged neither data connection works or charging. And when phone turned off charging perhaps works because there is no software active for charging and current simply charges battery. (I think that's not good for the battery).
Someone tried to change USB?
Props
CAN Level 1 | All posts
vlovrec posted on 2016/3/15 05:37
I have same problem. Once after charging the orange LED continued to lighten. Next time when I conne ...

I just had the same problem and tried everything mention here. I decided to replace the usb port and the problem is still there... usb device not recognized when i plug my phone but I can charge.
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Not working for me since upgrading to lollipop .
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
hmehta008 posted on 2015/8/22 16:22
Friend Please show steps to do this procedure
with pics please.

Cant provide pics but ,

1. File manager app : Settings > Application>File manger > clear cache.

2. Partition cache: Switch off your phone , press power and vol up together
      You will reach in fastboot , navigate with vol buttons , select reboot to recovery
       Power for confirmation, then you will come at a point where there will be a message NO Command
Now press all three buttons for about 3-4 secs and suddenly release vol up
again select wipe paritition ,

PS: It may take time like 15-20min for partition , keep patience, dont interrupt.
        Device charged above 30%
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
bootstrap512 posted on 2016/2/29 16:07
I have done, wiping cache partitioning and searched extensively for any resolution online. i have tr ...

I'm having the same problem since last update,for sure  firmware has a bug.Earlier no one has problem after jan-2016 update,we are having the same problem in same way.how it that possible
Props
PHL Level 3 | All posts
i am having same problem since last update. i just realize it now that I need to back up files.
Props
MYS Level 1 | All posts
usb still not working... still cannot reconize the pc.. why asus still cannot resolve this problem..
Props
IDN Level 1 | All posts
It's like bad bad bad bad dream comes true. when ASUS keeps silent about this problem
Props
1234567Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm