Release Note
ZenTalk

12Next

[Resolved] [Signal/ Connection] 3G connected, but noly Facebook webpage is reachable !!

705 10
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
katada1977 IRQ Level 1 | All posts
ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE551ML
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: LRX21V.WW-ASUS_Z00A-2.20.40.206_20170627_2131_user
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Hi

I have Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML-ZA00AD) connected to 3G from Zain IQ in Iraq and H+ icon is present, but the only internet page reachable is the mobile Facebook ( https://m.facebook.com ) via Firefox which opens as free user without loading pictures, nothing else works, no browsing, no WhatsApp, No YouTube, etc.

I tried the SIM card in another phone (Galaxy J5) and the 3G works fine with and without data plan (consumption from balance), tried Zain IQ support but they have no idea about my device !

Note, the phone never receives the automatic APN configuration message from the carrier despite how many times me and the support team tried to enforce that message, I had to copy it manually from my J5

Kindly advice.

Thank you.

Katada

Props
OTHERS Level 5 | All posts
Are you using your data SIM in SIM slot ONE?
Props
Robex posted on 2019/4/16 19:47
Are you using your data SIM in SIM slot ONE?

Hi Robex, I have one SIM only which is inserted in slot 1.
Props
katada1977 posted on 2019/4/16 18:03
Hi Robex, I have one SIM only which is inserted in slot 1.

Just to be sure SIM slot 2 doesn't support data.

Have you tried in Safe mode? Tap and hold Power Off till Safe Mode option appear and restart to Safe Mode and test if your SIM data work. To exit Safe Mode just normally restart or turn Off/On your phone.

Asus hardware test tool (SMMI TEST), open Calculator app on your phone and enter .12345+= go to Single Test and look for SIM and/or Data test.

Factory reset and/or wipe cache partition from Recovery Mode, don't forget to back up if you need to as all will be erased.

If nothing above help you will need to take the phone to Service or someone to check up.
There is good chance that the SIM slot is faulty as this is NOT unusual in Zenfone2.
But you have problem with data only, you can still call and text..............?
Props
Robex posted on 2019/4/17 14:37
Just to be sure SIM slot 2 doesn't support data.

Have you tried in Safe mode? Tap and hold Power  ...

I just tried your suggestion about Safe mode, same result.

The SIMcard Test showed "The SIMcard Test is working well"

I don't think the factory reset will do any change since the phone was (and still) unable to receive the APN configuration messages from carrier like every other phone I used before.

I can call and text, and data works fine loading free Facebook without pictures, as soon as I choose to switch to "see photos" the page stops loading.

This is like a setting to prevent balance consumption, but no such thing is present on my Galaxy J5 using the same SIM card.

Appreciate your assistance.
Props
katada1977 posted on 2019/4/17 14:48
I just tried your suggestion about Safe mode, same result.

The SIMcard Test showed "The SIMcard T ...

Only one more thing, you still on Android 5 Lollipop, you can try to upgrade to Android 6 Marshmallow, the upgrade process it may or not help resolve the issue......
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi katada1977

I would suggest that you back up your phone and bring your phone to a service center for a check-up.
Call Us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs
Service Center: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Props
Selena_ASUS posted on 2019/4/19 11:19
Hi katada1977

I would suggest that you back up your phone and bring your phone to a service center  ...

Thank you for your following up, unfortunately Iraq is not included in your list of service centers !

I will replace my SIM with newer version and see the outcome.

Appreciate the time & efforts from you all.

Props
Update

Problem solved after replacing the SIM with newer version, thank you all for your support.

BTW, how could I mark this thread as solved?
Props
katada1977 posted on 2019/4/25 14:45
Update

Problem solved after replacing the SIM with newer version, thank you all for your support.

That will be done by moderator at some point.
You may tap the ''Reply'' button under the moderator post and let them know you solve it.
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm