Release Note
ZenTalk
1234Next

[Replied] Android 9.0 upgrade plan for ASUS ZenFone - no ZE554KL

7786 37
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
CAN Level 2 | All posts
You know what Jei? How about skipping pie entirely and just focus on Android Q? The betas are out now so you have plenty of time to get the devices ready. By my God what a pathetic company! 
Props
CAN Level 2 | All posts
You know what Jei? Android Q betas are out now. Why not just throw Android Pie away and focus on Android Q? If you will release it in June, it will only be two months until it is released. Gosh Asus is a pathetic company! 
Props
BRA Level 2 | All posts
<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Muito tempo de espera</font></font>
Props
BRA Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by voltorbgamer on 2019/3/25 14:02

Alright, i'm quite confused. Some moderators are saying that the official release date for Android Pie on the ZE554KL has not been made public yet, but there's also a lot of people saying that it will be released in June. Which is it?
Props
BRA Level 2 | All posts
<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">EEstamos nessa esperança </font></font>
Props
feljo HRV Level 3 | All posts
Arthron posted on 2019/3/26 03:01
Alright, i'm quite confused. Some moderators are saying that the official release date for Android P ...

The latest update from the moderators is that Android Pie will come out in June 2019. The official response is in this thread.
Props
OTHERS Level 2 | All posts
Jei_ASUS posted on 2019/3/15 01:00
Hi all,

In order to achieve the best performance and bring exciting new features to ASUS phones,

And we will wait until June for what? (and I'm betting you that IF you are true to that deadline, it will most likely be like June the 30th) All of these months waiting (when the Zenfone 5 got Pie on january) will accomplish what, exactly? What feaure will it have? What will you do, what will you include to make it worthwile to wait?

OR, are you going to answer with the tipical "We have no information and stay tuned. Thank you for your patience and understanding"???

Do we, as customers, deserve AT LEAST to know what are we going to wait for? Do we have an explanation on WHY ARE WE TREATED LIKE SECOND CLASS CITIZENS?

I don't know why I keep waisting my time asking, when I can practically predict the outcome (pathetic answer or no answer), but I guess there is still a little bit of hope in Asus in general and in Jei in particular.

Will wait for an aswer.
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
Man some of you people are pretty impatient. The dude said June 2019.
Deal with it.
Props
OTHERS Level 2 | All posts
dvkraus4 posted on 2019/3/27 17:02
Deal with it.

On november the 9th you said ¨Can't answer your question definitively but when doing research on this phone before I bought it, 4 months ago, everything I read said we would get no system updates past 8.0. We still may get security patches but that's about it.
I'm fine with that. I knew going in what I was getting into. ¨

I´m glad you are fine with that. Me, I am not. Not fine with that. Even less fine with the lack of adequate information. One of the problems that plagues our society is te fact that we ¨just accept things as they come¨ and don´t ask and demand things as they have to be.

In my point of view it is simple. I spend my hard earned money on a product, I expect to have the ADEQUATE support for that. If the manufacturer has ALREADY updated some of its devices, I do EXPECT AND DEMAND to have the same treatment. If our devices were incapable of running said update, then it would just be idiotic from me to ask for it. But since our devices do support it, since plenty of other companies are already on said update, if asus already has some other devices of its lineup on that update, if there are screenshots of our devices running pie, then I see no rationale having to wait until june for the pie update. Unless (and that was the reason for my post) we are INFORMED about what the so called update will bring that justifies the delay.

Props
feljo HRV Level 3 | All posts
dvkraus4 posted on 2019/3/28 07:02
Deal with it.

I agree. June isn't that far off and it's better to release a fleshed out version of Android rather than a broken one. Just have some patience it's not like there's a huge difference between O and P. The current O firmware is pretty good and functioning so I don't get what's so wrong with waiting a little bit longer for P.
Props
1234Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm