Release Note
ZenTalk

123Next

[Experience Sharing] ASUS 5Z - Android 9.0 Pie Review | Quite Improved But Not Perfect

5939 29
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
mail2ronit IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
surjendudas57 posted on 2019/2/12 11:16
Also Asus should bring new features in 📷 department
Like "Light Painting" interesting featur ...

Will check with the team, about this.                                                                                                     
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
U didn't mention that battery drain issue still persist in the .175 update ,kindly look into this issue.
And when is the next update??
Props
IND Level 4 | All posts
Last edited by surjendudas57 on 2019/2/12 11:35
mail2ronit posted on 2019/2/12 11:13
Will check with the team, about this.                                                              ...

I forgot to mention one unique features 'night mode' to capture decent picture in low/pitch dark condition.
& I have also posted a detail camera review
You can check to my Threads...

Also one thing on which Asus should pay attention, that's in the zooming department
I mean after captured picture if you zoom into that you can notify that there is lack of detailing or clarity, OR if you want to capture a picture by zooming, in that case same thing happen the picture wouldn't come out good. In a word the 5z is flagship device but the performance of camera is not like flagship type

And I have lost the Google lense feature in camera department
I will do the Factory reset (as you said)
Props
IND Level 4 | All posts
And battery drainage issue still need to be fixed
And sound/Audi quality is reduced
Props
surjendudas57 posted on 2019/2/12 11:59
I forgot to mention one unique features 'night mode' to capture decent picture in low/pitch dark c ...

Do let me know if the Factory Reset brings back your Google Lens option in the modes menu or not.

For Zooming it depends completely on a digital solution so, it should actually loose some quality when you use the Zoom feature. I'll check with the lost in detail by zooming after capturing is something I'll test out.

A Night Mode similar to Google's Night Sight is something I frankly don't expect to come in the 5Z. I mean if they come up with a feature like this, they'll probably want to include it in the upcoming flagship. I don't have an official word on it so, I'll will ask if that is possible. But again, don't expect this one.

Props
IND Level 4 | All posts
mail2ronit posted on 2019/2/12 11:47
Do let me know if the Factory Reset brings back your Google Lens option in the modes menu or not.

I think you are right
And I also don't have any expectation about that night mode feature 'but many people saying that Asus can implement this,
also many people saying the opposite thing like you.
So I really don't know is that going to be implemented or not
Anyways...
If Night Mode, Light Painting these kind of features will be implemented in 5z then Asus will definitely get huge appreciation from all 5z's users (I think that Asus should do it in 5z,
they can implement more attractive/unique features in their upcoming flagship but atleast in 5z they should implement the above mentioned features)

Though there is many things missing in 5z like all features of Pie are Missing also some features aren't supported in 5z like 'Digital Webbing' (a moderator said that to me)
Props
surjendudas57 posted on 2019/2/12 15:10
I think you are right
And I also don't have any expectation about that night mode feature 'but man ...

As I've already mentioned in this review, Digital Wellbeing is exclusive to Pixels & Android One devices as of now.
Props
IND Level 4 | All posts
mail2ronit posted on 2019/2/12 15:06
As I've already mentioned in this review, Digital Wellbeing is exclusive to Pixels & Android One d ...

Oh....... Yeah........ Right.........
Props
IDN Level 1 | All posts
thank you for the information. I'm searching more discussion about PIE on ASUS 5z because, my camer on ASUS 3 ZE 552 KL is blury since update to Oreo wiwthou any more action from Asus instead of to be repaired on Service Centre, and I dont want to update my zen 5z to Pie so quick since there is many bugs. thank you
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
Last edited by ychichghare on 2019/2/13 11:52

Also include the notification bar theme... currently no other manufacturers has implemented that...onlu hexagon rom has this feature & the cool fact that the theme changes in the morning and evening and on every festival like Christmas, devali.....

If asus could do that, it will step ahead of all the manufacturers
Screenshot_20190207-204906_1.jpg
Props
123Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm