Release Note
ZenTalk

[Read] [System] deleted by mistake operating system and partition asus zenfone 2 ZE551 ML

873 6
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
hassoluto ITA Level 1 | All posts
ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE551ML
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_2.20.40.63
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot:
Last edited by hassoluto on 2019/1/29 11:50

Props

Hello
hacking with the phone I managed to delete both the operating system and the partition of the phone.
Now every time I mention it, the agonizing robot appears, but whatever happens, it restarts and always returns there. If I connect a cell phone to the PC, I see it as asus bootloader (as in the photo), but I can not enter the device anymore.
Is there a way to reinstall the system and get the mobile phone to work?
if yes, could you give me a guide?
Thanks in advance

P.s.
the phone had installed Android 5, and the bootloader was unlocked with the program released by Asus
Props
IND Ban access | All posts
Tips: The author has been banned or deleted, content has been banned automatically
Props
OTHERS Level 5 | All posts
Last edited by Robex on 2019/1/29 23:09
hassoluto posted on 2019/1/29 09:07
Hello
hacking with the phone I managed to delete both the operating system and the partition of the ...

Since you have unlock bootloader you can try flash the system img (fastboot flash system system.img) if you can connect to pc in fastboot mode (to check: fastboot devices).

Or you can flash TWRP custom recovery (fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img) and then flash a custom ROM from the recovery.
Props
hi robex, thanks for the reply.
Could you tell me where to find a guide for this procedure?

p.s. if I try to go into recovery mode the phone will restart anyway. I believe because there is no + system, right
Props
OTHERS Level 5 | All posts
hassoluto posted on 2019/1/30 09:06
hi robex, thanks for the reply.
Could you tell me where to find a guide for this procedure?

Hey mate, just google search your issue or search on XDA forum, sometimes you can find video version of guide on youtube.

For start you need to install on your pc  ADB&Fastboot to be able flashing with ADB & Fastboot commands. Then test if your phone can be detected by connecting your phone to pc, open command prompt window in the folder where Fastboot and ADB were installed and type the command ''fastboot devices'' and press enter, you should see your phone's IMEI number or serial, I think. If detected you need Asus firmware zip folder the same version you have on your phone and unpack the zip folder and move/copy ''system.img'' to the folder where ADB & Fastboot is installed and type in command prompt ''fastboot flash system system.img'' and press enter.

Good luck,
Ciao
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi hassoluto

Unlocking your Device’s bootloader voids its warranty and may not receive any further OTA updates. It also completely wipes (formats) your device internal memory including applications, contacts, SMS and MMS messages etc. Unlocking may also brick or damage your device.
I would suggest you to post in developer club, thank you
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm