Release Note
ZenTalk

12345Next

[Other] ASUS 5Z Android Pie Official FOTA | How To Update & More !

5048 40
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
mail2ronit IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
suhitkar posted on 2019/1/29 13:06
Hey Dr.Zen..Can you please ask Asus devs to fix overexposure problem in latest pie camera in dayli ...

Will test it out and report the same if issue is identified.
Props
vipkulshreshtha18 posted on 2019/1/29 14:31
@mail2ronit I feel the update is quite stable but it misses out on the following important feature ...

Will pass the suggestions to the official team.
Props
ramneek2110 posted on 2019/1/30 00:21
2 Clock icons in status bar when you touch the status bar.  This happens when you return the device  ...

Perform a Factory Reset & let me know if the issue gets resolved. If the issue is still there, will report the same to the official team.

By the way, you're on the Indian firmware that was released in late January right?
Props
amitgarde3 posted on 2019/1/29 14:28
Dr zen can you plzz request asus to optimise notch for games lyk pubg as honor 9n 13k phone has pr ...

Changing to Full Screen mode isn't helping?
Props
fz.ndroid55 posted on 2019/2/2 02:30
Recognized issues:
1. Auto brightness: If auto brightness is turned off it doesn't get back to previ ...

The Auto Brightness bug was already reported. Can you send me a screenshot of the exact issue with Notifications?
Props
ashiksocool posted on 2019/2/2 06:41
1.Battery life is horrible after the update.Just gets 3hrs of screen on time compared to 5-6 hrs ear ...

Perform a Factory Reset & keep AI Boost off while doing regular tasks. I am getting 5 hours plus with 2 and a half hours of Asphalt 9.
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
Since the Pie update, I have noticed a security issue: Upon rebooting the phone, the lock screen is bypassed and goes directly to the home screen without having to enter the PIN. This also happens with stock home screen wallpaper. This did not happen in Oreo. Rebooting into safe mode makes the lock screen work normally, so is this a problem with some app or setting that the Pie update altered?
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
Also, I know that in Pie, the volume buttons default to Media volume, but is there any chance we can get the option to default to ringer volume like it used to be? I see that Asus (thankfully) left the clock on the right side, despite Pie changing it to the left, so if they can do this, I'm sure they can give us the old volume controls. Thanks!
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by dashingguyof2k on 2019/2/6 07:11

Hi all. This is my first post. Cut things short, I love the phone but wifi is a big headache if phone is shutdown(battery discharged, etc) or if restarted. The receive packets from wifi signal(i guess that what makes internet work) like gets so slow and so many times i see page cannot be displayed. I am on 40 mbps airtel wifi. Connection is always stable, i do speed tests, restart router, check speed and test internet the same time on other devices, etc and all is always fine with internet but just this phone's wifi gives issues. I had to two times factory reset the phone which fixes the issues and gets wifi work smooth (safe mode does nothing tried that as well). But now i always have to make sure to not restart or not to let the phone shutdown as the problem definitely comes back. I guess some files gets corrupted due to shutdown or restart and asus needs to please fix that. There are many forums for this already even this issue is with other asus phones that i checked and solution given there also was only factory reset which is so wrong. Hope Asus see's this and gets us a fix!
Props
Changing lick screen ASUS 5z

Props
12345Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm