Release Note
ZenTalk

12345Next

[Other] ASUS 5Z Android Pie Official FOTA | How To Update & More !

5060 40
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
mail2ronit IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
kaizadbedding posted on 2019/1/28 14:50
App usage(Time limit) feature is not available in my phone
Digital well being is also not available

Some features that you're asking about are exclusive to Pixel 3 as of now. The Digital Wellbeing is exclusive to Pixel & Android One devices.

Dark Mode is something I'll ask about. The Volume Bar is set to Media by default in Android 9 Pie so, not really an ASUS thing.

To take a Screenshot while using gestures, press the Power+Volume Down keys at the same time.
Props
mail2ronit IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
mr.pacific45 posted on 2019/1/28 14:56
1. Google lens and raw image seems to be missing from pixelmaster camera app

2. seems Decemeber sec ...

Reply with a Screenshot of the available Camera modes in your device. As one user already showed that he is missing Google Lens, this might be an issue on some devices. On my device, I still have it.
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
mail2ronit posted on 2019/1/29 12:31
Reply with a Screenshot of the available Camera modes in your device. As one user already showed t ...

Hey Dr.Zen..Can you please ask Asus devs to fix overexposure problem in latest pie camera in daylight...point and shoot results in overexposed image but if we turn down exposure manually using the slider it is excellent..
See this gdrive link https://drive.google.com/folderv ... qFTlYC2Excoj0gnriZt
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
Reply with a Screenshot of the available Camera modes in your device. As one user already showed t ...

*Update* Google lens automatically came back to PixelMaster after rebooting to safe mode 2 times & clearing data & cache. Idk how but it has come back after 24 hours. Here's the screenshot.
Screenshot_20190129-141215.png
Props
IND Level 5 | All posts
mail2ronit posted on 2019/1/29 13:01

Dr zen can you plzz request asus to optimise notch for games lyk pubg as honor 9n 13k phone has proper optimisation for pubg with full use of notch 😩 and we spending 30k and no proper optimisation of notch nt fare..😡
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
Last edited by vipkulshreshtha18 on 2019/1/29 14:07

@mail2ronit I feel the update is quite stable but it misses out on the following important features that should have been there since the first day considering 5z to be a flagship.

1. Native Video Calling support from dialler, contacts.

2. Dark Mode in system apps at least. Currently the dark mode in contacts & dialler only works on some screens & not all. I have attached screenshots (Not required but much appreciated).

3. FM Radio recording option. I don't understand why Asus didn't give this since the device supports FM radio & even the lower end Asus Max Pro M1 has this option.

4. A network speed indicator at system level. The third party apps work but not as good as the system integrated ones.

5. This is not really a feature but a bug after pie update- AppLock fails to unlock most of the 3rd party apps via fingerprint. The system apps work fine but the 3rd party apps can only be unlocked by pin/pass.

I hope you read this & pass it on to the devs. It would be quite appreciable. I'm attaching some screenshots which might be helpful. Iam also providing explainations for each.

Screenshot 1: FM radio interface of ASUS Max Pro M1 (has recording option).
Screenshot 2: FM radio interface of flagship ASUS 5z (has no recording option).
Screenshot 3: Dark mode effect active on contact app home screen.
Screenshot 4: Dark mode effect inactive on contact app's contact details screen.
Screenshot 5: Dark mode effect active on call app home screen.
Screenshot 6: Dark mode effect inactive on call app's call details screen.
IMG-20190129-WA0000_1.jpg
Screenshot_20190129-142310_1.jpg
Screenshot_20190129-142250_1.jpg
Screenshot_20190129-142245_1.jpg
Screenshot_20190129-142224_1.jpg
Screenshot_20190129-142213_1.jpg
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
2 Clock icons in status bar when you touch the status bar.  This happens when you return the device from landscape to portrait
Device - ASUS 5z (Pie global)
Screenshot_20190129-085803.jpg
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
amitgarde3 posted on 2019/1/29 13:58
Dr zen can you plzz request asus to optimise notch for games lyk pubg as honor 9n 13k phone has pr ...

Relax dude..as notch was perfectly fine in oreo I don't think they will take much time to fix it..Let Dr.Zen report it..Also u can urself make a thread in discussion section
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Recognized issues:
1. Auto brightness: If auto brightness is turned off it doesn't get back to previously set manual brightness level, instead it remains the same. Also when auto brightness turned on it isn't very fast as earlier and sometimes it doesn't work.
2. Issues with the displaying notifications on the notification bar. Sometimes the icons get cut.

Will update if i face any other issues
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
1.Battery life is horrible after the update.Just gets 3hrs of screen on time compared to 5-6 hrs earlier...plz fix this....
2.Screen brightness option is not doing the proper job.
Props
12345Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm