Release Note
ZenTalk

12Next

[Experience Sharing] How to access hidden settings in Zenfone 2 using *#*#4636#*#*

72282 10
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
techgeek IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Last edited by Zen_Master on 2015/10/6 16:09

Hello Guys, Today we will be checking out a hidden setting.
There are a few settings, which give you very detailed information about few things, and the details are highly technical in nature and very precise.

If the geek in you doesn’t know about these secret settings, read up this article to know more about how you can test your Zenfone 2.

Well to enter into the “TESTING” interface. You need to fire up your dialler and enter this *#*#4636#*#*   
As soon as you punch in the last hash sign you would be taken to below screen.

001.jpg
The above screen lets you test
·        Device Information
·        Battery Information
·        Usage Statistics
·        Wi-Fi Information

The above settings also have sub menus which give you a world of options and things to test . Once you click on Device Information you get the below screen.

002.jpg       003.jpg

Here you can run a Ping test or scroll down and  turn off radio, many other things and also set a preferred networks from various other options (refer below screenshot) set only the network type supported by your carrier or else you won’t get any network et all.

004.jpg

You can go to Battery Information and check out the status,health, temperature of your battery  and so on.

005.jpg

Next is Usage Statistics, here you can check the app usage and also filter the results with further given options like Usage time, Last time used & App name.

006.jpg        007.jpg

The last option is Wifi Information, here you have three more sub options namely,
WiFi API
WiFi Config &
WiFi Status

008.jpg

The Wifi API lets you connect , disconnect from the network and other few options are also given like disable the network altogether and so on.

009.jpg

You guys need to tap and check all the settings do not change what you don’t understand or else you would have a malfunctioning phone. Play around in order to know more about what you can and can’t do in this app,do post your queries in the comments section below.

Props
DEU Level 1 | All posts
Is it 4636 as in the heading of your message, or is it 4637 as in the body of your message? Neither code seems to work for me.
Props
It is actually the wrong one given above
chk this one
*#*#4636#*#*
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
my battery is heating up very quickly and while using wi fi also it seems to be heating up , model no zen phone 2 4gb
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
The proper code is  *#*#4636#*#*

Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
*#*#7780#*#*
it is used to format phone... but doesn't  work...

try at your own risk
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
tapaspanda.4159 posted on 2015/10/4 08:49
It is actually the wrong one given above
chk this one
*#*#4636#*#*

youre right man, good find...
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
Can we reset out battery stats from here
Props
ITA Level 2 | All posts
Thank you for this post.
On my Zenfone 2 laser 5" (ZE500KL) this hidden menu doesn't show battery info.

There is a way to check it out?

Thank you very much.
Props
I have zenfone 2 4 gb variant...in my case battery information option is not comming...plzz help
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm