ZenFone 3 Bug Report
Model: ZS680KL(Ultra)
RAM: 4GB
Firmware/App Version: Android 7
Frequency of Occurrence: -
Rooted: No
App Name: -
Screenshot: -
Description: Asus please provide information on the Android 8 update for ZU680KL.
Do you have an ETA for the update?
Asus please provide information on the Android 8 update for ZU680KL.
Do you have an ETA for the update?
Props
PHL Level 4 | All posts
To answer your question, may I refer you to this earlier reply from an Asus representative, that obviously not too many of you have bothered to read (it's the first reply to the post):

https://www.asus.com/zentalk/ph/ ... ge%3D1&mobile=2

Basically it says that Zenfone 3 Ultra isn't getting an Oreo update.

Sorry.
Props
TWN ZenCare | All posts
Good day.
To preserve system performance stability, the best user experience and the compatibility between original design and system on ZU680KL,  there is no update available for Android Oreo.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and your consideration will be very much appreciated.
Thank you for your continued support and patronage.
Props
Alvez_ASUS posted on 2018/7/27 08:52
Good day.
To preserve system performance stability, the best user experience and the compatibility b ...

Lie! Strong hardware, it would. They are not upgraded to Oreo 8 because they could sell less new phones.
Props
AUT Level 1 | All posts
Fatal error not to deliver the Oreo update that had been announced for a long time !!!

We will gladly boycott this!
Previous ASUS customers will never buy ASUS products in the future.
This does not only concern mobile phones, but also computers and parts !!!
Props
boucotting Asus niw and will encoyrage all my friends not to buy any asus devuces and computers. they promised and even publish it that Zenfone 3 will get Android Oreo.  
Props
VEN Level 1 | All posts
 Read carefully Asus... If you really care... I have this phone. Before, I has a Huawei Honor Note 8, which I gave to my father. I am a doctor and I chose It because of the size of the screen, despite being aware of its limitations: terrible fingerprint reader and the lack of NFC. My father's phone has just uptade for Android Oreo. So, I was also waiting for the update for Android Oreo... If this news is true: There's no Honor or Moral in this decision on the part of Asus. Solution: Huawei Honor Note 10, or Xiaomi Mi Max 3. Goodbye Forever Asus!!!   
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
Obviously it's just not cost effective. To pay a team of programmers to update a phones software that was sold in very limited numbers. It had one major update since 2016 and really that's all consumers can expect nowadays. 
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm