Release Note
ZenTalk

[Unbox] [ZenFans Review] 【ZenFone 5 unboxing】AI Cameras that Think for You    

372649 211
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Wayne_ASUS TWN Moderator | All posts

ZenFone 5 is first launched in Taiwan on April 12th. Today, I would like to share my unboxing of ZenFone 5 for all of you!

Inherited from the design of dual cameras that first adopted on ZenFone 4 series, we could see there are more subtle differences of the dual cameras not only for its appearance from vertical to horizontal, but also its essential function of AI cameras.

Its spectacular edge-to-edge 2.5D-curved screen merges imperceptibly with the delicate body built from 7.7mm special aerospace-grade aluminum, giving ZenFone 5 a beautiful seamless appearance and a luxurious feel. Now we have two colors: meteor silver and midnight blue.

▲ ASUS all new ZenFone 5!

▲ Unboxing ZenFone 5 of midnight blue

▲ Simplicity for giftbox style

▲ ZenFone 5 of midnight blue

▲ Ejector pin and clear soft bumper

▲ ZenFone 5 accessories: type C USB cable, ejector pin, earbud tips, clear soft bumper, 10W power adapter and earphone

▲ ZenFone 5 equipped with ZenEar supporting Hi-Res

▲ 2.5D-curved screen

【AI dual cameras: AI scene detection + AI photo learning】

The rear cameras of ZenFone 5 are a Sony flagship IMX363 12MP with F1.8 aperture for main camera, and a 120° wide-angle camera for second camera.  

▲ Sony IMX363 for main camera of ZenFone 5

▲ Rear dual cameras of ZenFone 5: a 12MP for main camera and a 120° wide-angle for second camera

▲ RGB sensor of ZenFone 5 making photos more vivid

▲ 8MP front camera with f2.0 aperture

▲ From left to right: Earphone jack, type C jack, speaker

▲ Convenient SIM tray design

ZenFone 5 uses the power of AI to rapidly analyze the subject and match it to one of its 16 scene types (people, food, dog, cat, sunset, sky, green field, ocean, flower, plant, snow, night view, stage, text, QR code and tripod), optimizing the camera settings, e.g., white balance, brightness and color, for almost any kind of subject from sunsets to pet pics. ZenFone 5 uses advanced data analysis to constantly enhance the scene detection algorithms, for ever-smarter photography.

Moreover, AI Photo Learning lets you teach ZenFone 5 how you like your photos to look. It then automatically adjusts the camera settings for future shots — so your photos will always reflect your unique style preferences.

S636 Octa-core processor + fingerprint unlock

ZenFone 5 has a Qualcomm S636 octa-core processor, a 3300mAh battery, ASUS BoostMaster and brand new AI charging technology.

▲ 6.2" display in a 5.5" body

▲ Two unlock features for ZenFone 5: fingerprint unlock and face unlock

▲ 19:9 (90%) screen-to-body ratio for utmost experience

▲ ZenUI 5.0

Most important features of ZenFone 5
☀AI dual cameras: AI photo learning for 16 scenes
☀Night view shooting: Sony IMX363 flagship sensor
☀90% screen-to body-ratio: 19:9 all-screen display

This post contains more resources..

You need to login to download attachments. No account?Register Now

x
Props
IDN Dr.Zen | All posts
i love so much with design zenfone 5
Props
IDN Dr.Zen | All posts
steady and premium design
I love it.
Props
MYS Level 1 | All posts
LOVE THE DESIGN, THE CURVED SCREEN AND ALL OF IT💗💗✨✨always love zenfone
Props
RUS Level 5 | All posts
ZF5 has a very bad cameras. It is a fiasco
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Zenfone 5 is an awesome Device.
Props
GBR Level 2 | All posts
Really loving ZenFone 5 so far. 👍
Props
PHL Level 4 | All posts

Fix the Zenfone 5 please

Last edited by MikioFunamori on 2018/4/19 21:26

Please bring back the manual optimization and make the camera app brightness adjustable because it makes my eyes stressed when using the camera at night and it consumes more battery because it produces unecessarry amount of backlight, it is uncomfortable.The first image is taken with Zenfone 5The second image is taken by Zenfone 3. As we can see, the image take by Zenfone 5 is very noisy compared to Zenfone 3.So please, bring back the full control to camera because having a camera without many controls is boring and not flexible. I'm begging you all, the devs and the company.I'm using Zenfone phones for a long time, this time I have the Zenfone 5 but it feels less than the older series because of less control especially to camera.

This post contains more resources..

You need to login to download attachments. No account?Register Now

x
Props
YEM Level 1 | All posts
Amaaaazing ..... I reallly love it 
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
ZenFone 5 is cool! I like it  hmmmmm...
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now