ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE551ML
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: 5446_0x71_0xb8
Frequency of Occurrence: 2.3GHz
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot:
I've tried everything I know/can do to get my phone to use roaming data. It,won't and I've turned on every roaming data in the settings and all I get is a E sign on the top of my phone. If even used a different SIM card different provider won't use data on my phone but on another phone it will use data.
Props
habaradasryan USA Level 1 | All posts
Uh wrong firmware version it's 29.19.15.220149
Props
habaradasryan USA Level 1 | All posts
habaradasryan posted on 2015/7/5 03:44
Uh wrong firmware version it's 29.19.15.220149

Can't actly find where it says firmware or app version so both could be wrong but it's fully updated up to July 3rd. Also phone can connect to house wifi just for clearance but not access SIM card data but can send and receive texts and calls
Props
IND Level 5 | All posts
UPDATE YOUR PHONE WITH XX.XX.60 LOLLIPP UPDATE.
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
   This reply is the best answer.   
Last edited by koushikhalder on 2015/7/19 02:04

E symbol is stands for EDGE (Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution) i.e you are in 2.5G Network.
First go to Settings => More => Mobile Network => Preffered Network Type => 2G/3G/4G
Please remember that this mode consumes more Power.Your problem may be due to Firmware. Please try first to update your Firmware and after update perform Wipe Cache Partition, but it is very tough using EDGE to download large data.
If your problem still remain then just move 1/2 Km to change your location (i.e. change the serving Antenna/BTS). Now Switch Off/On your handset for Fresh Location Update and see whether E is there or not.

If still remain I will not suggest to Swap your SIM. Just you can test your SIM by inserting into other Handset.

Finally, you may have to visit to the Service Center if your SIM is OK and E is present.
Props Helpful 0
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm