RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_21.40.1220.2087_20170331
Frequency of Occurrence: LTE
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot:
Last edited by Vis on 2017/5/19 18:57

Hello,

I'm using Zenfone 2 laser(ze550kl). As u all know it's a dual sim phone and supports 4G on only one slot, the other slot has to be 2G. I'm using 2 SIM cards (4G+4G or 4G+3G)...  I'm facing a strange problem..whichever sim am selecting as  Preferred Network(4G) either sim1 or sim2 in settings... am getting signal on only that slot/sim, am losing signal on the other slot.

if am selecting SIM1 to connect to 4G(preferred data network), on the other slot(SIM2) i'm losing signal, or if m selecting SIM2 as my preferred data network(4G), on Slot1  signal is going down.

I Tried using multiple networks, but getting the same problm on all the networks(Airtel, Idea, Vodafone), another strange thing is am getting signal on both sims(
4G+2G) when m using a Telenor network for 2G slot.

when am trying to manually connect to that particualr network in settings,am getting an error say 'can't connect to this network at this moment, try again later'

i performed SMMI test, it says both sim slots are working fine.

m not able to figureout if it is a hardware issue or software issue. both slots(4G/2G , 2G/4G)  are working fine for one network. I hope somebody will help me.
thanx in advance..

4G on SIM1, no signal on SIM2

4G on SIM1, no signal on SIM2
Screenshot_20170519-142131.jpg

4G on sim2 , lost signal on SIM/Slot-1

4G on sim2 , lost signal on SIM/Slot-1
Screenshot_20170519-143736.jpg
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Vis,

Try rebooting to safe mode and check

How to Enter Safe Mode?

Apply to: ZenFone, PadFone, FonePad

When power is off:

1.      Long press power key to boot.

2.      When ASUS logo appears, press and hold volume down key till home screen appears

3.      “Safe Mode” reminder appears on the lower-left of home screen

When power is on:

1.      Long press power key.

2.      Tap and hold “Power Off”.

3.      Tap “OK” of Reboot to Safe Mode window.

4.      “Safe mode” reminder appears on the lower-left of home screen.

How to Exit Safe Mode ?

Restarting your device. Your device will now be exit safe mode.

If the issue persist, kindly factory reset and check

http://www.asus.com/zentalk/in/thread-7627-1-1.html
Props
Vis IND Level 1 | All posts
I've performed factory reset and cleared cache memory... Same problem
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
I am also facing same issue , the only the selected data network gets network and other dont, after restarting so many times and struggling with the network settings i got the network but the this issue is encountered after few days , try to disable and then enable the sim in which you facing issue , set the other sim to 2g ,
I have one jio 4g sim and other is vodafone 4g but it is set to 2g , i think i have two 4g sim thats why it struggle to hangle the setting but this issue is identified after latest update 21.40.1220.2087.
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
Im using zenfone 2 laser last my phone is  update ,and facing network problem my jio sim 4g other sim no signal ,both sim slots worked so pls help me asus
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm