ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: -
RAM: -
Firmware/APP Version: -
Frequency of Occurrence: -
Rooted: -
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Very recently I have updated my ZenFone 3 ZS570KL to Android N. After the same update I am facing a peculiar problem. When I am trying to install any app or any app update using Reliance 4G SIM my Playstore is just showing the downloading message but nothing is happening or not a single bit is downloading. If I use any Wi-Fi network or Vadafone 4G SIM, everything works perfectly. I can surf internet or browse any app in Google Playstore using Reliance 4G SIM without any issue.
I have done factory reset before and after Android N upgrade. I have done Wipe Cache Partition. I have cleared the cache of Playstore. I also tried to reinstall the Firmware again. But the problem remains the same.

Please suggest me.
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Koushik,

If there is downloading issue with the Reliance 4G sim, try swapping the sim card and check if the issue persist.

This issue is not related to the device and therefore we suggest you to contact the service provider and check with them.

There might be some network issues.
Props
IND Level 4 | All posts
Just check one thing Go to Play store tap on three lines on Left Hand Side top corner.  Then scroll down to setting in General section there is option called Auto-update Apps tap on that and select "Auto-updates apps anytime, Data charges may apply" then close play store reopen it. But to implement it properly just reboot device once. Let me know if it works or not .

If still problem not get solved then there must be problem with JIO service provider.
Props
koushikhalder IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
DYK  posted on 2017/3/20 10:08
Just check one thing Go to Play store tap on three lines on Left Hand Side top corner.  Then scroll  ...

Thanks DYK for your response. Your solution is not working.
Props
MAX_ASUS posted on 2017/3/20 09:40
Hi Koushik,

If there is downloading issue with the Reliance 4G sim, try swapping the sim card and c ...

Using Reliance JIO 4G SIM I am able to open Google Playstore, browse Apps, search Apps, view Apps details etc. I am unable to download any App and App download only. I have successfully download Offline Translation File of Google Translate using the same SIM and the SIM works flawlessly in my ZenFone 3 Laser. So I think there is something. If the SIM is faulty, how it is possible? As per my observation, there my be some bug in Google Playstore or ASUS Firmware. That is why I have mentioned it here. ASUS Team, please recheck the issue.
Props
Hi Koushik,

We have duplicated this issue in our devices and could not find any issue as you have mentioned.

There might be sim issue.

Please check the same with another device and another sim.
Props
MAX_ASUS posted on 2017/3/21 11:53
Hi Koushik,

We have duplicated this issue in our devices and could not find any issue as you have m ...

Finally I have find out the source of error. It is basically on APN Configuration. Because the APN Configuration is not being saved in Handset.

I am using Reliance JIO SIM Card of Kolkata Circle and I am trying to use it in West Bengal (Except Kolkata) Circle (i.e. In Roaming). The APN Configuration is same for both the Circles except MNC (873 is for Kolkata Circle and 840 is for West Bengal except Kolkata Circle). So I have tried to add the new configuration manually but it is not getting saved. Then I have tried to Reset to default and then tried Add new the I am getting error as Access Point Name settings are not available for this user. where as I am the one and only one user of this Handset.

I have never faced this problem in Vodafone and BSNL SIM Card only because of the reason that both the operator use same APN Configuration and MNC is getting updated through SGSN and updated to Handset.

So I can confirm you there is something, certainly something. ASUS Team! please check and rectify.
Props
Hi All,

Could you help try these troubleshooting steps:

1.        Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Store -> Force stop & Storage -> Clear data
        Settings -> Apps -> Google Play service -> Storage -> Manage space -> CLEAR ALL DATA
2.        Settings -> Accounts -> Google -> Remove account
        Settings -> Accounts -> Add account -> Google (sign in google account)
3.        Reboot unit
Props
Hi All,

We would like to know if your issue has been resolved.

Awaiting your reply.
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Sir i have the same error. Am using zenfone 3 max 520 nougat 7.0 .. i tried using wifi and jio .still  playstore is not working.it is stuck at "downloading..."
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm