Release Note
ZenTalk

[Resolved] [Screen/ Touch] Y MY SCREEN KEEPS TURNING ON AND OFF WHILE CHARGING??????

35607 8
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
dinildinesh07 IND Level 4 | All posts
I have noticed that my screen kept turning on for a sec then turn it off itself while charging.. and it kept happening...is it coz of settings i set or anything else..i can't find any option in display settings....and it Keepa happening...anybody have solution
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Yes their is a setting. When the nitification arrives it will turn on the screen
Props
himanshu1966 posted on 2015/6/11 01:02
Yes their is a setting. When the nitification arrives it will turn on the screen

Not that... even no notification is there it still turn on...
Props
IND Level 4 | All posts
Yes It is a feature of lollipop that turns on the screen while charging if any notification arrives,
Props
   This reply is the best answer.   
Last edited by anirbanmid on 2015/6/11 04:26

It seems like your device awakes unnecessarily. That means there are some apps which is or are doing that. To check which app are doing so go to settings >power management>power usage chart. Here you will see on top it is written as "battery used by apps " tap on it. Now you select "wake up device ". A new list will come. Tap on apps other than →(1. Android system  2. Telephony service  and 3. Google play store)← these three. After taping on each app you will see  2 options at bottom → no 1. Prevent the device from awakening and another one just below it. Check ( √ ) both the options..  Repeat same thing for "keep awake background " option also. Now reboot your phone ... this will save lots of battery as well as will solve your problem (I hope)
Props Helpful 0
anirbanmid posted on 2015/6/11 04:23
It seems like your device awakes unnecessarily. That means there are some apps which is or are doing ...

Will those app give me notification if i blocked them from being awake??... like example if i blocked watsapp will it give me notification whrn my phone screen is off?
Props
No when you start whatsapp u will get msgs unless no msgs
Props
Last edited by debopriyobasu on 2015/6/11 09:53

Hello!
Please check the following:
1)If you have Greenify installed,please check if you have enabled "Automated Hibernation".
This feature wakes up the device from sleep in order to force stop apps.
2)Settings--Power Management--Power Consumption Table--Wake up device.
Check the third party app which has the highest number of wakeups.
Note,please don't mess up with System apps like telephony service,etc.because they can be risky and make the app
non-functional.
Screenshot_2015-06-11-09-56-43[1].jpg

Select the third party app and tick "revent the device from being waked up".
Screenshot_2015-06-11-09-57-43_1[1].jpg

Use "Autostart Manager" to disable some Google bloatware.Disable ASUS cover from ASUS customised settings.
I hope you will not face this problem again

Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
Go to Settings->ASUS Customized Settings and Uncheck "Enable ASUS Cover".
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm