Release Note
ZenTalk

[Resolved] [System] Battery calibration

24353 15
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
BRA Level 1 | All posts
Thank you cubixense, so much!......................................
Props
ROM Level 2 | All posts
debopriyobasu posted on 2015/6/9 14:11
Hello!
it is neccessary to calibrate the battery when you find that there is uneven discharge of bat ...

Hello. Do you mean the appearance of the fist ASUS logo or...?
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Last edited by himanshu1966 on 2016/6/25 17:01
andreiursan posted on 2016/6/25 13:45
Hello. Do you mean the appearance of the fist ASUS logo or...?

Zen_Ro post-
To calibrate, all you have to do is:

1) Discharge the phone with whatever charge left after the update, let the phone turn off itself when out of power.

2) Without any charge the phone will refuse to start. Keep on trying to start it, untill it can turn on no more.

3) Connect the phone to the box-supplied stock charger to charge it up, using with low output and incompatible high output chargers is discouraged.  

4) Charge it up to a display denoted 100%, do not turn on the phone while charging. Once fully charged up, turn on the device.

5) Check if the battery percentage is a 100% once booted in. If not then put it to charge again and wait for it to show a 100%. Restart the device, and then see if you have a 100%. Continue the process till your phone shows a 100% after restarting.

6) Now, Discharge the Device with power use till auto-poweroff. And Charge the phone 'Again' to a 100% without restarting. Once fully charged, turn on the device, and now you can use it normally.

7) WARNING: Lithium-Polymer batteries have low voltage potentiality - which means consistently running down to as low as 0.5 volts will probably kill the battery, and wont charge back up properly to a 100% physically. Only run battery calibration after installing large updates.

8) Also note that: Li-Po batteries also degrade over time in battery performance, degradation is faster with consistent intensive usage.  

http://www.asus.com/zentalk/in/thread-80271-1-1.html
Props
MYS Level 1 | All posts
cubixense posted on 2015/7/15 21:56
How often are we suppose to do this? I always let the battery percentage drop below 5 percent and th ...

Don't do that. Seriously. DON'T. Running down the battery to 5% is the best way to destroy the battery within a couple of months. Try to keep the battery above 15, 30%. Always. Never below. Fully discharging the battery kills it. I know from experience. My Xiaomi has about 30-40% of the original capacity left (within less than 2 years), and my ASUS is almost as bad (similar duration).
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
debopriyobasu posted on 2015/6/9 11:41
Hello!
it is neccessary to calibrate the battery when you find that there is uneven discharge of bat ...

My phone is Zenfone selfie. My phone is not charging in switch-off mode. When i plug-in the charger it immediately switches on. So for me it is not possible as you said. So please tell me another method to calibrate batter. I have used many battery calibrating apps  but it is of no use.Please help me.
Props
Sir is that true my ZenFone 5 has sesame problem
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm