Release Note
ZenTalk

12Next

[Resolved] [System] There is something seriously wrong

1520 11
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
zenner IND Level 3 | All posts
Asus has done some serious blunder with the lollipop update. The resect firmware update that gave lots of customers a whole lot of bugs and boltwares effected my phone as well. To tackel the bugs Asus came uo with another firmware update 22.40.54 for the T00J WW series.
Now since this firmware came after the lollipop came, the phone can not recognise lollipop firmware as the next update. So the OTA update is not taking place. The only way out is to mannually download the firmware and force it into the internal memory.
There is a risk in doing that. First you need to downgrade you phone. Secondly if your computer have any virus that can effect the phone's internal memory causing the system effected with malacious viruses or make it a complete brick.

Asus must come up with clean new version of Lollipop over the OTA.
Now some may say the lollipop update has a huge file size so OTA can not be done.
For them I would like to say, my other phone Android One which cost me INR 4500 went from kitkat 4.4.4 to lollipop 5.1 all with a OTA update. Plus we all have exprience of downloading Asphalt which is around 1GB size.

So huge file size is not an excuse. Asus must come up with a clean bug free Lollipop OTA Update for all the varients as early as possible.

Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
   This reply is the best answer.   
22.40.54 this firmware came before official release of lollipop. This update only contains bug fix of calling sound problem caused by 22.40.53 nothing more than that. If you are in lollipop you never need that 22.40.54 as it is included in lollipop. So relax.
If you follow proper steps befor and after upgrade to lollipop you will not face any major problem. I am running lollipop problem free.
Props Helpful 0
1st, install a good antivirus in your pc.
2nd your pc's virus can't affect your mobile as they are for windows (dos based) and your mobile is android (linux based).
3rd if you want to update to lollipop, there is no need to update to .54 as the fix is already in lollipop. so no downgrade.
4th the bloatwares asus introduced besides asus services, can be easily uninstalled even without root.
Props
zenner IND Level 3 | All posts
Saurabhrck posted on 2015/6/7 14:38
1st, install a good antivirus in your pc.
2nd your pc's virus can't affect your mobile as they are f ...

Thank you for your reply.
First,  I have already updated the phone to .54 firmware
Second, The boltwares can not be uninstalled.
Third, Why shouldnt asus give a OTA update to Lollipop?
Props
zenner posted on 2015/6/7 14:15
Second, The bo ...

ASUS actually put up Lollipop as an optional upgrade.
If it is sent over OTA,it would be a mandatory upgrade.
So,the option is left for the user whether to update manually or to stay in kitkat.
  You can also downgrade from Lollipop to kitkat for the same reason.
I hope it helps!
Props
zenner posted on 2015/6/7 17:15
Second, The bo ...

After update to lollipop you can easily uninstall bloatwares as we have done already.
Props
can you list me the bloatwares so that I can uninstall them
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
debopriyobasu posted on 2015/6/7 17:24
ASUS actually put up Lollipop as an optional upgrade.
If it is sent over OTA,it would be a mandato ...

When i get lolipop for v 2.22.40.54?plz if u have a link to download.. Plz send me...
Props
anuragthopate posted on 2015/6/7 15:06
When i get lolipop for v 2.22.40.54?plz if u have a link to download.. Plz send me...

Download it from here : http://www.asus.com/in/Phones/ZenFone_5_A501CG/HelpDesk_Download/
Props
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm