Model: ZE551ML
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: Lollopop 5.0
Frequency of Occurrence: Regular
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: Marshmallow
Screenshot: -
Dear All,

I am Not getting the update for my mobile. It is currently showing 5.0 (Lollipop), I have repeatedly checked for the same ,but unable to update to Marshmallow.

Inthis regard i request you all to guide me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivas Jyotula

Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
   This reply is the best answer.   
Try out the following steps :
1. Clear storage and app cache.
2. Also make sure you clear app cache and app data FOTA service app from app settings.
3. Perform wipe partition cache from recovery mode.
4. If still you can't get the the update through OTA, then go for manual update.
Follow this link to get the download links for firmware update file : https://www.asus.com/in/Phone/Ze ... /HelpDesk_Download/
Follow this link to to update your phone manually : https://www.asus.com/zentalk/in/thread-1158-1-1.html

PS : It is recommended that you perform a hard/factory reset after every successful firmware update. To do so follow this link : https://www.asus.com/zentalk/in/thread-7627-1-1.html

Good Luck.
Props Helpful 0
IND Level 1 | All posts
Go to the official website of asus and download the requird file.
Props
IND Beta Tester | All posts
The latest update looked promising no sensor issues and all but screen freezes and except power button nothing works. Need to restart every time, it happens with almost all apps and also which require internet. So downgraded to L. 
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Srinivas,

We hope your issue has been resolved.

Awaiting your reply.
Props
MAX_ASUS posted on 2017/2/15 01:01
Hi Srinivas,

We hope your issue has been resolved.

Dear Sir,

In the process of updating my phone to marshmallow, i faced lot of problems. I have not received OTA update, so we have desided to do the same manually and unfortunately my phone got bricked.
With the help of my friend who is actually a tech.i resolved the issue and now its working like a charm.

WHAT HAPPEND TO THE VOLTE UPDATE SIR. PLEASE DO SOMETHING AND GET US THE SAME. UNKNOWN MARKET BRANDS ARE RELEASING VOLTE UPDATES, BUT WHY WE ARE STILL NOT ABLE TO DO THE SAME.

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivas Jyotula.
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
sharathbhargav posted on 2017/1/19 23:38
The latest update looked promising no sensor issues and all but screen freezes and except power butt ...

Same issue with me. Everything is fine except screen freeze.
Props
IND Beta Tester | All posts
Hari_Bisht posted on 2017/2/15 21:25
Same issue with me. Everything is fine except screen freeze.

Hari its better if  you downgrade to L. Its better and performance is also good in L compared to M. I'm happy with L no bugs..
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm